Captiancy Letdown?

• Captiancy was so exciting.. until it wasnt
    I still love captiancy and appreciate all the hard work but I do have my issues with it and would love friendly discussion
    Captaincy is too hard!
    Some of the furniture options are going to take 200 voyages????

I'm sorry but what? Why is unlocking made so difficult?

And as always the sloop isn't given many options Why can't I replace my lantern with a chandelier, why can't we hang curtains on our sloop hatches and why is there no place on deck to put trinkets? I'd love to be able to put a potted plant or a barrel on the deck of my sloop. Captaincy feels more like it's meant for brigs and higher and I had hoped this would improved before release especially after the delay. Sloop get the raw deal..

Naming a ship should mean you own the name and should be able to use it for all of tour ship sizes and carry its progression If you want. I enjoy slooping but when I want to play with friends I hate that we can't save our progress between all ships if we want to.

I was so excited for this update but now it's just buggy and I keep getting error messages when trying to purchase things from anyone "too much grog ask me again"

Combine the heavy pricing for the unlocks and then their gold cost to boot with the sloop getting the poo end deal again I really feel like Captaincy isn't an update for the single or new players but exclusively for alliance servers and streaming crews.

It will never truly feel like my ship is mine if most of the unlocks are meant for brigs and up.. Captaincy showed us naming your ship is possible so why not an in-game system to edit your sails and create a sail that is special and can create a legacy behind traditionally your colors showed your alignment and who you were just allowing us to customize our sails we have with color changes and a menu with logos n symbols and the option to type a name similar to how we can name our ship would be amazing

I hope to see Captaincy made so much better than it's current form and that one-day we will get guilds of some kind Ingame.

I appreciate all the hard work from the team but it really feels like none of my progress up until the release of Captaincy matters anymore because it's not retroactive and it's sooo difficult to unlock things that mostly aren't even usable without other people to play with.

Views
    communityfeedbackgeneral
  • not really for streaming crews as they are largely hopping pvp and not super into commendations/grinding

definitely alliance server leaning

imo rather than fixing the issues that cause a lack of activity it's just flooding stuff to do without acknowledging that people often don't participate in some of this stuff for a reason

visually there is some cool stuff about it but as far as longevity goes I highly doubt this creates the activity it intends to outside of alliance servers

imo there is a real disconnect from organic play and that shows with the setup of this

• @wolfmanbush
    [mod edit]
    Sloops are really lackluster and are an afterthought and considering new players will be slooping I really feel like Captaincy isn't for them, and that is directly oppositional to what they said they wanted otherwise only PL could buy ships.

Do I really own my ship if I'm limited compared to the other ship sizes what I can decorate with? What about players who are strictly solo?

• @ladyaurabell Ahoy matey!

A reminder, what happens in the Insider programme stays in the forums over there. Even after a product launches you cannot discuss the discussions that may or may not have happened - everything there is under an NDA remember.

• @musicmee I've not spoken about the Redacted* outside of its mere existence and that those of us gave feedback about these issues is that not allowed? I figured it was common knowledge that Redacted exist and that we provide Feedback?

• Oh no. The grind is to much..200 voyages…
    Come on pirates, this child’s play.

• @burnbacon

Does doing an easy 1 island captain voyage count?

• @musicmee sagte in Captiancy Letdown?:

@ladyaurabell Ahoy matey!

A reminder, what happens in the Insider programme stays in the forums over there. Even after a product launches you cannot discuss the discussions that may or may not have happened - everything there is under an NDA remember.

I wish I got this kind of message, instead of a permanent ban...

• @mintharp184509
    The update itself is good but the requirments and our old progression that doesnt count on these milestones is just beyond stupid.

• @burnbacon sagte in Captiancy Letdown?:

Oh no. The grind is to much..200 voyages…
    Come on pirates, this child’s play.

There are achievements for 250 voyages for each faction, 100 for legend of the veil...these 200 are just peanuts
    Totally agree with you

• @wolfmanbush said in Captiancy Letdown?:

not really for streaming crews as they are largely hopping pvp and not super into commendations/grinding

definitely alliance server leaning

imo rather than fixing the issues that cause a lack of activity it's just flooding stuff to do without acknowledging that people often don't participate in some of this stuff for a reason

visually there is some cool stuff about it but as far as longevity goes I highly doubt this creates the activity it intends to outside of alliance servers

imo there is a real disconnect from organic play and that shows with the setup of this

i agree that trinket requirements are WAY too high

but...

it's not alliance server leaning, because without a captain the ship is a basic default ship. And alliance servers, if i understand correctly, take over other peoples' ships to ensure the whole server is in the alliance. The moment the Captain of that ship logs off, no one will earn milestone progress anymore, and eventually the alliance server will be just normal ships again because all the captains logged off

but the trophy requirements are absolutely insane. 450 sharks killed for the first trophy tier. 250 fish of a specific species caught for the first trophy tier

• @burnbacon This is not at all conducive of friendly discussion but okay I'll bite.

Some people can not spend as much time as they would like on the game. A balance for the "cost" of unlocking these items has been discussed for a long time now and across many forums today I have seen similar in vein Comments in particular the 100 hours on fire milestone.

If you feel that the cost is fair for the payout fine but general consensus is it shouldn't take 200+ voyages to unlock the rug but 400+ for the chair etc etc..

None of our current achievements and accomplishments feel like they matter in captiancy and I thought the whole point was to show off our achievements and adventures?

But the typical "get good this is childsplay" comment is exactly what I was referring to above..

• @sandfeld2004 sagte in Captiancy Letdown?:

@mintharp184509
    The update itself is good but the requirments and our old progression that doesnt count on these milestones is just beyond stupid.

It's fine, stop complaining
    If old progression would have counted, this feature would have been touched once and never again by many people

• what? it's fine with how it is, besides who really cares a hoot if someone has a cool rock or plant on their shelves. it's just a fun little bonus to the actual game.

• @the-pheonix6886
    not everyone share the same opinion

• @schwammlgott I disagree if the point is to show off our achievements.. by your logic any update shouldn't matter.

• @schwammlgott
    not even close with the current requirments, i dont even think anyone have completed most of them. (grog, sitting, sleeping, fishing, continue continue..)
    If they choose to make completely unrealistic milestones then we should have the best chance of completing them at the very least.

• @schwammlgott i dont think anyone have burned their character 100 hours/sit 100 hours/sleep 100 in the last 4 years

this feature will never be touch at all, and those who does realy need to seek help and change their life

• @ishotyournuts said in Captiancy Letdown?:

i dont think anyone have burned their character 100 hours/sit 100 hours/sleep 100 in the last 4 years

this feature will never be touch at all, and those who does realy need to seek help and change their life

a few extreme players will do some of this stuff

this is far from what emissaries brought to the game (easily the best update for the environment this game has seen), this is more of creating an extreme event where requirements that many don't enjoy are amplified to laughable levels in the hope that new players will just ignore the 80 chainshots helicopter'd their way on a regular basis.

It's not going to be a secret if this fails or succeeds, either higher risk activity becomes very consistent over the next few months like what happened with emissaries or new players and veteran grinders alike ignore it and just stick with a ship name.

The issue of higher risk gameplay making no sense to to most players of this game still exists.

It's an odd thing of knowing that new players are far more casual than ever before and then spending over a year creating content that serves them only to release super grindy and unappealing stuff that we already know they aren't into while telling vets that enjoy gameplay around stats "oh well".

• @ishotyournuts sagte in Captiancy Letdown?:

@schwammlgott i dont think anyone have burned their character 100 hours/sit 100 hours/sleep 100 in the last 4 years

Sit and sleep is pretty new...came with season 5 or 6, so this doesn't really matter if it counted or not

• @schwammlgott
    okay still no one who have completed the fishing part or the burning part no matter when they started, the requirments simply are far too high.

• @wolfmanbush Incredibly well said and I couldn't agree with you more!!

• 50/50 currently for me atm

• I agree with the points you made about the sloop. I have decorated with what I can, but there some stuff I've bought that I've since learned I can't put down unless I'm on a Brig/Galleon.

I mostly play on a sloop. Either with a friend or by myself. So it would be nice to have more options since it's the ship I spend the most time on.

• @schwammlgott said in Captiancy Letdown?:

@musicmee sagte in Captiancy Letdown?:

@ladyaurabell Ahoy matey!

I wish I got this kind of message, instead of a permanent ban...

• @methetron-mkii re-post it, before it get's deleted?

• @schwammlgott you say that like its not 0.5% of players on steam actually bother getting those, for the other 99.5% this is unattainable

• It adds a lot with the milestone system but I feel like it’s more of a groundwork update than a content filled one.

While I would’ve loved to see customizable ship’s compass and lanterns, the stuff we got isn’t so bad. I actually really enjoy the trinkets and I’m happy to have a lot of long term goals for the future, especially since I was getting towards the end of my coms grind.

I’m hoping we get a lot more cabin customizations in the future, hopefully ones that look good and don’t take a while to unlock. Silver and Sapphire Blade would be nice to see, along with the Wailing Barnacle since we already have it’s recolor. Overall not exactly what I wanted but it’s not bad IMO. I’m hoping the adventure rewards and the next few monthly cosmetic drops fill the void in the shops.

• @pumpkin0ui sagte in Captiancy Letdown?:

@schwammlgott you say that like its not 0.5% of players on steam actually bother getting those, for the other 99.5% this is unattainable

Most players don’t bother...like on XBox achievements just 0,22% got lvl 20 in athena's fortune faction

• @ishotyournuts sagte in Captiancy Letdown?:

@schwammlgott i dont think anyone have burned their character 100 hours/sit 100 hours/sleep 100 in the last 4 years

I honestly would have loved to witness the developing discussion concerning this update.

„You know what gamers like? Sitting on a stool!“
    „Paul, you‘re a genius! Let’s make it a one hundred hours achievement!“ 😂

I really don’t want to be offensive towards the developers. Overall they‘ve done a very good job throughout the years and SoT is by far my favourite game of all times. But this is just ridiculous, sorry.

• agree on the hours requirement. i like a grind, working towards making a pointless number go up is just fun. but it has to be realistically achievable. and some of these aren't even close to being that

• Sloop definitely needs more decor slots, I immediately bought all the plants hoping I could fill my ship with them but I could only place a couple.

• @finicaltrack706. Ughhh me too!

They need to just redesign sloop to have a captains quarter like all the other ships and let us have a dang chair.

So upset I can't place things on the deck.

Views
communityfeedbackgeneral
1 out of 33