New milestones against completionists?

• The update is really interesting and seems on paper to suit a large part of the community. But there is a big question that many people are asking. Why wasn't there a retroactive system of promotions and achievements already made. I take the example with the fishes, to finish the hunter's call it is necessary to catch a total of 2,2ks fishes and the new milestones require to catch a certain quantity by oneself... is it not possible to count in these milestones the fishing already realized before? Same for the sail quests, why not count the 100 quests already done in the milestones? This applies to all other promotions and statistics of the player. The update has everything to please but unfortunately it only targets new players and does not reward the most invested players. The principle of milestones for ships is entirely understandable as it is the beginning of a long adventure with these ships that now really belong to us. Having a captain, customizing your ship and adding barons is great. But as far as pirate milestones, I can't understand the point of making players do more promotions. Milestones bring prestige to those who deserve it, but at the same time the update fails to reward the most daring players before this update. Moreover we will not speak about the milestones which are for me completely useless even stupid as well as real milestones in connection with the reaper/Pvp (to die X times, to sleep X times, to play music...)
    Some will continue, ... others will decide to abandon this facet of the game which is the completion of achievements.

Views
    questionfeedback
  • Milestones are a new way of progressing in the game, similar to a prestige system. The milestones only apply to a Captained ship which is why previous numbers do not count - previous ships were not Captained.

The team had multiple design conversations regarding this and ultimately this will not be changing.

Dropping anchor here.

Views
questionfeedback
1 out of 2