A Wild Journey to Pirate Legend

• My journey to legend wasnt your standard journey to legend, when i first joined the game after watching a lot of videos and streams on it, it was at the time when the stereotype was popular that "pirate legends dont know how to fight!" because of this, i approached the game with 2 personal rules.

• Never run from a fight, no matter how bad you are losing
    • Do not cross the line to legend until you can hold your own in most fights

The first rule is pretty self explanatory, if some one came at me, even if it was a bad idea, i wouldnt run from a fight. The second however, i got creative with ways to limit my progression, from sinking people and giving away the loot, to just going after any ship i saw, but my single favorite was a self imposed challenge, i would often put up an emissary flag, stack loot until i got grade 5, and not being allowed to sell until i sunk at least another ship. My logic was, if you sunk me, you earned it, and i needed more practice, and if i sunk you, i defended my loot well enough to keep it, and what ever you may have! Many times i would just log out with a ship full of loot just because i couldnt find anyone else.

Fast forward some time, after a good chunk of arena and many many challenges when i felt comfortable with my skill in battle, i was just on the threshold of legend, with just a few levels of merchant left, i was on a manifest quest, and as i was headed in to sell, a fairly decent duo sloop sailed right up, seeming to want to be a final battle before i reached legend. We exchanged cannon balls for probably less than 5 minutes before i downed the cannoneer, and realized since he would get revived, it would be good to fire blunder bombs to kill his ally, seconds after they both died they sunk, and as i was about to head to plunder to sell, a kraken decided that it wanted to be the new final boss only seconds after the last battle! But at last, i downed it, got to plunder to sell... only to be just a couple crates short of legend! The kraken was the final boss, but i had to do one last quest for merchants that day just to finally join the pirate lord.

Its because of these wild adventures that you create, and that you find your self in, that makes me love this game so much, this game has become a sort of home for me so that even if i take some time away from it, i will always return for more wild adventures some day! Its such a special game to me that i got a flag to celebrate reaching legend.

Views
  • I know that this is a lengthy read, in all honesty, i mostly shared because my journey is a story that makes me smile, but it may be an interesting story to someone who sees it, and if even just 1 other person can enjoy my little story of my adventure, then im happy.

• a code, a goal, dedication, consistency, follow-through

impressive approach to your journey

happy sails

• I enjoyed it immensely, thanks for taking the time to write it.

Views
1 out of 4