Give The Glorious Sea Dog a new life and meaning

• I looked around the community and couldn't find any other suggestions on this, so here is mine. Feel free to comment on it.

Even though the arena was closed down and with it the purpose of The Glorious Sea Dog headquarters, it sadness me to see this place having no purpose in-game anymore. I would love to see this place turn in to something like a Pirate Heaven or maybe open up unique opportunities for new Sea Dogs adventures. Here we could for instance revisit some of the old memorable NPC characters that has been removed such as DeMarco and Lesedi and the other retired NPCs. For once, this could also maybe be a special place to buy/archive certain in-game items as well as being the only safe place for all players to meet. Although it is pretty close to the Reapers Hideout, it would only be within a certain proximity you are safe to avoid exploits. But going here would of course always be a risk ;)

This is just my thought for new suggestions.

Views
    feedbackstory & lore
  • Yeah I've seen a couple of suggestions around the place of how to deal with what is pretty much a "shell" of the Arena. They have a lot of options... I'm not sure if it'd work too well as a place for safe zones or anything without it being an entirely separate instance or separated zone such as A Pirates Life tale 1 and 3, or the Ferry of the Damned

Most "removed" NPCs haven't been removed at all, and are currently involved in something else, such as DeMarco and Lesedi. There's only a couple that have been fully removed, but I reckon they might have another appearance some time, such as Gloria disappearing at the launch of the Anniversary update.

• Funny I didn't find your post, but thanks for mention it. I like your suggestions especially the LFG/LFC. I can see from other replies that the idea of having a safe zone and avoid toxic people there would probably not work anyway, but that is of course not the major fact here. The idea is to have a re-purposing of the inside of the tavern and also the location of The Glorious Sea Dog. Maybe as suggested as a kind of pre-game lobby for adventures. The place has always had this appealing feeling to it and it is a shame seeing it there with no real purpose.

• So far two of the three “Hosts” of the sea dogs…have either disappeared or “died.”

• @iwufei will DeMarco is dead so no life there and Lesedi is on a sea wide drinking tour and Amaranta is in the Sea of the Damned

• @otherfanboy Arh, apparently I haven't gotten to that part yet in the story or missed it :/

• Why couldn't the Sea Dogs be run by the NPC that sells you pants, or the one who stood by the wheel and served no purpose? :D

• @iwufei it’s part of the murder mystery and the last adventure

• Im sure the sea dogs arnt done, even if DeMarco is actually permanently dead, im sure Lesedi will come to do something, but all i can hope if the sea dogs do anything again, that what ever they do sticks to their theme of glory above all else!

The idea of the sea dogs was nice, just a faction that paid you better based on glory rather than actual treasure.

• I am confident we haven’t seen the last of the sea dogs. That is without talking about the whole demarco mystery thing going on because it is pretty minor stuff. Dev time was spent on developing the sea dogs assets so i don’t see why they would give up on that just because arena is closed. Obviously i don’t know for sure but i am confident. Give it time.

• WHY DOES NO ONE TALK ABOUT MY BOI BIG DOG. Everyone forgot about him. He is still well and alive.

Views
feedbackstory & lore
1 out of 11