Add in a place to read journals players have found

• A large part of SOT are the journals but, as far as I know, you can only read them when you go to the journals. It would be cool if there was some sort of library you could access in game once you have found the journals.

This is because sometimes, journals are found out of order. The library would put them into order so players could read the lore in order. Also, this would help recall some of the earlier journals players of read and haven’t read in a while (like journals from shores of gold or adventures).

I feel like this could be a part of the pirate log menu, where there would be a journals section.

Views
    feedbackstory & lore
  • Been suggested here and there through the last couple of years.

I think it serves immersion and is qol for those that enjoy the lore and doesn't create negative impact for the environment or for others which makes it a fine suggestion imo.

• Sounds cool. Until now you can go to RareThief, but it would be cool to have them also in the game.

• they dont really listen to suggestions any more sadly. You could say they listened to my suggestion shorter respawn timers for sloop players 3 years ago. but seems like all ships have faster respawns now though sloops supposed to be faster. But either way thats more probably do to seeing sink rates of solo sloopers by pvp crews.

I do agree though it would be nice. Even navigating the ingame menu to look at seasonal stuff is so clunky. pages buried within pages. You will be killed or sunk or both by the time you find what you are looking for. When we are in game its gogtogo and keep your head on a swivel. We dont have time to read lore. However I could be mistaken but I think some of the guides out there put all the journal text on the sites as well. Stinks but so much of SoT is either read the lore in a book or find info on a 3rd party site cause the games not gonna tell you

• @magus104 said in Add in a place to read journals players have found:

they dont really listen to suggestions any more sadly.

Not implementing something doesn't necessarily indicate not being open to ideas. They have whatever resources they have and a lot of things moving at once. Not having the time or resources to add every or many qol features based on suggestions isn't the same as not being open to them.

Everyone is just doing the best they can with what they have to work with.

• Suggested.
    Or wiki it

Views
feedbackstory & lore
1 out of 6