Having a little trouble with the current Merrick related adventure.

• Namely there's multiple white sloops, one of them flying the old pre-reaper PvP flag, who're attacking and sinking anyone coming close. I'm going to be honest, I'm not very good at PvP and I even if I were it seems like an awful lot of hassle. If I could pause the tall tale and do something else like a voyage, that'd be one thing. But now I'm just sitting here, unable to do anything meaningful 'cept twirl my fingers. Or maybe scuttle my ship and wait on the island (or ferry of the damned) for 4 or 5 hours while I do go do something in real life and hope they'll be gone by the time I get back.

Is there anything meaningful to be done about this, or is this just another "valid" form of gameplay? If it is, then I'll make sure I won't feel bad about red sea running in the future.

Views
  • every server is random and different so just try a new server

as far as the red sea goes you can do whatever you want within the rules and there is nothing to feel bad about no matter what people try to convince you of. It's your pirate life do whatever you want

• Doesn't server hopping require restarting? Though, since I've technically lost all of my supplies already I guess that isn't much of a problem.

• @drakearaylin This adventure doesn't require you to carry quest items or seek for treasure so feel free to scuttle anytime and pick up from where you left.

You can solo the whole thing in less than an hour.

• Yeah, different server, progressed through. Same thing. Maybe I have the wrong end point. Sea Dog tavern is at the giant arched rock thingy central to the map, right?

• Conversely, I have noticed something. Since the non-toxic PvP are probably off kicking each other in the heebie jeebies in arena (I have no idea where they are really, never really came across any), and all the toxic PvP jerks have FLOCKED to the Forsaken Hunter hot spots to camp, the rest of the game map is rather enjoyable. Managed to solo a skeleton fleet, harpoon in all the loot, and drop it off at an outpost with nary a ship in sight.

So, maybe all the camping is a good thing in a way.

• @drakearaylin said in Having a little trouble with the current Merrick related adventure.:

Conversely, I have noticed something. Since the non-toxic PvP are probably off kicking each other in the heebie jeebies in arena (I have no idea where they are really, never really came across any), and all the toxic PvP jerks have FLOCKED to the Forsaken Hunter hot spots to camp, the rest of the game map is rather enjoyable. Managed to solo a skeleton fleet, harpoon in all the loot, and drop it off at an outpost with nary a ship in sight.

So, maybe all the camping is a good thing in a way.

I do everything organically. I load on a server when there is something to do and I do it on that server unless something rare but significant makes it necessary to find a new server for one reason or another.

As tall tales have come out, as adventures have come out, as special events have come out over the years, I have seen happenstance pvp and happenstance clashing while people have wanted to do the same thing but I don't think I've even seen 5 examples of true camping of areas that didn't involve treasure.

I see people talk about it but I've just seen it so few times.

The chances of it happening on back to back servers is almost non existent by everything I've personally seen.

There aren't that many pvpers that would be interested in it to where it would be cluttering servers with it.

That doesn't mean some won't swing by out of happenstance and throw down but that's not camping areas specifically to prevent an experience.

• @drakearaylin

I got camped by the fleet battle.

Gally/sloop combo. Got a good angle on the gally and sank it super quick. (I impressed myself tbh) but at least they're camping the end.

Them and the PvP folks lol.

No wonder Belle wants to take her Magic Bouy...

• @drakearaylin some people are trying to save him. Others are glad he is gone. The aftermath of letting the community compete for sides.

• We had one sloop have a go at us so we spawn camped them a bit and set them on fire. Then they ran away. We ended up in a four boat alliance and helped the other crews get it finished. Never did see the wannabe PvP sloop again.
    It just takes a bit of luck, and having a boat with some PvP players on it that want to get the adventure done helps too.

• Yeah, trying to solo sloop when you absolutely do not have the PvP skills to back it can be pretty rough.

Views
1 out of 11