Grats on saving Golden Sands

• Say goodbye to your boy Merrick! Muahahahaha!

https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/1540350011774468098

Views
  • You evil 😂

• @whelp00 said in Grats on saving Golden Sands:

You evil 😂

Pirates for Eternity!

• Still better than letting Flameheart and his braindead goons run around doing whatever they want, and probably hurting even more people.

Wherever he is, or whatever happened to Merrick, I'm sure hes acting in, and still convinced everything was still done for the best interests and well being of the entire SoT for everyone. Unlike a certain someone.

There's also no way that skeleton is him, or Jim for that matter, for anyone that thinks so.. looks more Warsmith.

• @kommodoreyenser said in Grats on saving Golden Sands:

Say goodbye to your boy Merrick! Muahahahaha!

--prys head off of tavern table and squints--

Ish thish gonna ta interrupt my drinkin' agin?

• @kommodoreyenser To triumph you should be able to lose graciously as well, but that is not for everyone.

No matter what happens later Merrick will always be the embodiment of a true hero and weathered hunter!

The masks of dead rippers on New Golden Sands are a monument to Merrick and those who stood by him.

• Rude. Just rude. 😁

Interesting about it is, that, no matter which side did gain a victory over Lost Sands, Merrick would probably have disappeared anyway. I believe so at least because the new Adventures title leaked before the fight for Golden Sands has even finished.

• @like-500-ninjas said in Grats on saving Golden Sands:

Looks like Stitcher Jim to me.

Beating the Reapers is always worth whatever it takes anyway, but I don't see Merrick going anywhere.

Lol, he isn't in the pic but "The hero of Golden Sands, missing..." and the title of the adventure is Forsaken Hunter. The last person to go missing in Sea of Thieves is now the subject of a murder mystery. The one before that turned to the dark brethren (Duke) but I doubt that would happen with Merrick so we are back to the most recent missing to go off of.

It shouldn't be a surprise. He worked against Flameheart successfully the last two times. Only a fool would let him get in the way a third.

He worked against Flameheart successfully the last two times. Only a fool would let him get in the way a third.

True, though I also think that only a fool would try and organize a totalitarian "might makes right" army in a place populated entirely with thieves, con-men, backstabbers, and general ne'er-do-wells.

I mean, you're going to people who would probably sell their own grandma for a tankard of grog and essentially saying, "Hey, know how you can pretty much just laze about and do whatever you want right now? Well, join up with me and we'll make things harder and more rigid than ever!"

• @ -hombre said in Grats on saving Golden Sands:

@kommodoreyenser said in Grats on saving Golden Sands:

He worked against Flameheart successfully the last two times. Only a fool would let him get in the way a third.

True, though I also think that only a fool would try and organize a totalitarian "might makes right" army in a place populated entirely with thieves, con-men, backstabbers, and general ne'er-do-wells.

I mean, you're going to people who would probably sell their own grandma for a tankard of grog and essentially saying, "Hey, know how you can pretty much just laze about and do whatever you want right now? Well, join up with me and we'll make things harder and more rigid than ever!"

Hmm let me think. Having to do voyages and turn in specific loot to specific people to be able to get things done. Or do whatever you want, turn it all in to one guy, AND you can get a nice gold bonus on it all if you fly the emissary, even more bonus for sinking other emissary ships.

Yeah I think we know the one that sounds more rigid.

The one run by the guy who doesn't want you to team up? The one who yells at you for having parties? The one who would destroy an entire island in an attempt to intimidate you into doing what he says? The one that wants to tell me how to be a "real pirate"?

Yeah, sounds like a real paragon of free choice there.

• @vac-hombre said in Grats on saving Golden Sands:

The one run by the guy who doesn't want you to team up? The one who yells at you for having parties? The one who would destroy an entire island in an attempt to intimidate you into doing what he says? The one that wants to tell me how to be a "real pirate"?

Yeah, sounds like a real paragon of free choice there.

Remember, the Gold Hoarders are led by a skelton who does what his namesake suggests and is part of the dark brethren. Remember, the Order of Souls hoards information on treasure and other valuable item locations learned from the skulls you bring them, not share that with you. Remember, the Merchants hold a monopoly on the supply trade inside the Sea of Thieves. Remember, the Pirate Lord GREENLIT these groups to do what they have been doing.

Lets stop thinking of bad guys in terms of PvP and lets start talking about what real greed and evil is.

Lets stop thinking of bad guys in terms of PvP and lets start talking about what real greed and evil is.

I'm not. I'm not thinking about "bad guys" at all. I'm thinking about who is most dedicated to disrupting my easy-going, treasure-hunting, nigh-immortal fun time. And only one person has actively tried to kill my buzz.

You can list all the shady stuff the companies are up to, but they pay me for my stuff and otherwise leave me alone. Flameheart's the only one who wants to dictate how I do what I do and resorts to intimidation to try and bring dissenters to heel.

If Flameheart's whole line was, "Hey, forget these guys. I'll pay you for whatever you have", then yeah. Sounds like a sweet deal. But that wouldn't serve his own little power trip. All the companies are up to sinister stuff, Flameheart's just the only one being noisy about it. And that's annoying.

This is the Sea of Thieves. We're ALL "bad guys". I just don't want someone telling me what kind of bad guy to be.

• @ hombre said in Grats on saving Golden Sands:

I'm not. I'm not thinking about "bad guys" at all. I'm thinking about who is most dedicated to disrupting my easy-going, treasure-hunting, nigh-immortal fun time. And only one person has actively tried to kill my buzz.

You can list all the shady stuff the companies are up to, but they pay me for my stuff and otherwise leave me alone. Flameheart's the only one who wants to dictate how I do what I do and resorts to intimidation to try and bring dissenters to heel.

If Flameheart's whole line was, "Hey, forget these guys. I'll pay you for whatever you have", then yeah. Sounds like a sweet deal. But that wouldn't serve his own little power trip. All the companies are up to sinister stuff, Flameheart's just the only one being noisy about it. And that's annoying.

This is the Sea of Thieves. We're ALL "bad guys". I just don't want someone telling me what kind of bad guy to be.

Well everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion.

Views
1 out of 14