New Xbox - glitches

• I’ve been playing less than a week on a brand new Series S. My internet is fine (made repeated checks and reboots) yet after the server update I’m still experiencing major glitches; “rubber-banding”/jumping back or forward several feet, suddenly thrown deep into ocean while on deck, game crashing/total shutdown.

I did Xbox troubleshooting but it made no difference. I turned the game and Xbox off several times. I’m playing multi-game with an experienced player and even they are at a loss, suggested I come here to seek help. Open to any suggestions.

Views
  • @owlbwtchingu You can report game issues here:

• That report section is for Hardware/OS - which brings me right back to Xbox troubleshooting. Or Twitch, Steam, or Store, which aren’t my issue. I did try that first.

• @owlbwtchingu You are supposed to open a support ticket in that link, if the issue you have is not covered already.

• Well as I stated that link doesn’t allow me to open a support ticket hence I came here. When I try to open a support ticket there’s 4 options from the drop down, and when I select one it automatically refreshes and sends me to Xbox troubleshooting. I did it about a dozen times.

In the meantime I’ve found others online with the identical issues. Just trying to figure out if it’s SoT server related or possibly my new Xbox console. I’ve only played 2 other games so far and neither had a problem.

• @owlbwtchingu I can't help with the rubberbanding etc but when I first had my Xbox series S, I would get regular overheat and shutdowns but only while playing SoT. The answer was to turn off automatic updates - running anything in the background while playing SoT was too much and caused it to overheat and switch off. I also rotated it so it's sitting flat not on its end, even though they say vertical is fine if was definitely an issue.

Might not fix your issue, but that's all I got and worth a try?

Views
1 out of 6