Popup after sinking to see who scuttled you

• (Suggested by BananaBoi777 on YouTube)

After being sunk by an enemy ship with a name a popup appears saying

‘You were sunken by …’

This both lets players find ships that have sunk them and gives players chances to appreciate the names of ships

Views
    communityjust for fungeneral
  • I might want to rethink the name I have in mind for my ships into Water.

• I'd be more inclined to get like a little banner popup if you look at a named Ship through the Spyglass - namely because you don't get a pop-up for any other ways you can be sunk so it would not be consistent with the rest of the UI design in the game. Granted, normally banners aren't triggered by the Spyglass, but I will admit that I don't think it should be based off of sailing close to it like we have with Islands (though it would be more consistent).

Heck, they could elect to expand the idea and make Island banners pop-up when viewed directly with the Spyglass - that would actually be handy for navigation purposes, in particular on a Rowboat, but also for newer players still learning the Map to not have to run back to the Map so frequently to check on their course.

• doesn't interest me personally but just add it as a on/off option and default it to off and I don't see a problem

• “You were sunk by (insert ship name)”

Okie so…my idea would still work. “That Ship”

• “You were sunk by Marmalade Sandwich”

Yes, I likey

Edit: To add on to @redeyesith’s post, maybe something like, if anyone has watched Greyhound, where the camera focuses on the other ship/s and displays their name underneath or to the side.
    Typing that really makes me want to go learn Morse code again

• “You were sunk by Your mum”

This is most likely gonna happen and i gonna bust out laughing if this idea is added and happens to me

• If ship names are unique it could be used for targeting.

There's probably gonna be a few that would add their own gamertag to rub a little extra salt in. Then we have folks up in here witch hunting.

Jokes aside, feels a little salty.

• You were sunk by "Your lack of repairing skills"
    "" "" "" "" "An angry crew"
    "" "" "" "" "A random boat"
    "" "" "" "" "The chest of Sorrow"
    "" "" "" "" "Your own crew"

• @dragotech123 said in Popup after sinking to see who scuttled you:

You were sunk by "Your lack of repairing skills"

Deez Barnacles

• Another request from the GTA/RDR online repertoire. This feature sparked more grief than anything else in those games.

• @pithyrumble said in Popup after sinking to see who scuttled you:

@dragotech123 said in Popup after sinking to see who scuttled you:

Deez Barnacles

Your Own Salty Tears

• Maybe the ship name yes, but if you meant usernames, I'd call you insane, and not in a good way.

• @galactic-geek said in Popup after sinking to see who scuttled you:

@pithyrumble said in Popup after sinking to see who scuttled you:

@dragotech123 said in Popup after sinking to see who scuttled you:

Deez Barnacles

Your Own Salty Tears

The Storm

• It's a nice idea but difficult to know exactly who is to get credit for a sink. The only thing I can think of is that the game assigns every hole & tier to the crew that created it. Upon sinking it tallies the total 'flow' over time of water of each hole & tier, credits it to the appropriate ship, and the ship with the highest credit wins.

Sounds hella complicated and maybe not worth it because the crew owning the ship is ultimately responsible for keeping it afloat.

• @butterfinger750 "you've sunk by, "a smooth criminal""

• @gallerine5582 what do you mean by insane? if its because you could easily target the players responsible then xbox already accomplishes that on its own by showing you recently played with players. i assume he means the ships nameplate as that would make more sense then a single name or a series of names.

Views
communityjust for fungeneral
16 out of 17