How a small thing lead to the most chaotic and fun fight i ever had on the seas !

• Me and my galleon crew where doing a Lost merchant cargo with a merchant emmissary, when a reaper 5 (that we believe portal hop) goes straight for us.

we get ready to fight, until we see a sloop on the horizon towards the reaper location, and, said reaper anchor turn giving up on us.

Offended that those reaper looking for a fight cower in fear at our sight, we decide to set sail toward them, as we want the fight we got rob by the simple fact of our ship type !

Little did we know that we would come across an emmissary brig attacked by a reaper 5 gally ! oh and, an emmissary sloop docked at mermaid's hideway unaffected by the ongoing fight.

Our excitement is throught the roof, we set sail towards this epic looking fight, the storm rolling in. as we get close we spot another sloop geting sunk by the galleon wich then sink the second sloop.

we focus our effort towards the gally, letting the brig sail in front of us, they try to fire some canonball, but with full wind on their sail, misses by a mile.

We fire our portside cannon into the other galleon, our ships hull craking through the storm, the enemy crew focusing in chaishot, manage to destroy all 3 of our mast, but fail to keep an angle on us. leaving us with a great angle on them, but we prefer to raise our mast, starting by the middle one. I manage to chain their middle mast, and while i take back helm and we start to raise our front mast, one of my crewmate get their rear mast.

as we focus our effort to keep an angle on them throught the storm while raising our rear mast and fully repairing our ship, the brigantine whith wind on his sail is on our rear starboardside, harpooning us, i take some shot at a tucker, but with those huge wave, the task is rather difficult.

as i take back helm, i see the enemy gally, backlit by the setting sun, quite a cinematic sight with the storm if you ask me, but no time for that as they are nosediving into our broadside i straight up the wheel, order my crew to shoot the gally, while i take some shot at the brig.

i kid you not, my first shot goes right under their ship as it jump out of the water, by the sheer strengh of those waves ! after a little broadside, the other gally collide with our bowsprit and we collide with the brig wich throws an anchor ball at us and a boarder, we quickly deal with him and guard the ladder as we raise an already raised anchor ? turns out the brig shot another one during the chaos (understand that if i can give such details on this battle, it is only thanks to the recording i made !).

as one of our crewmate boarded and anchored the brig, our galleon is now sailing at full speed on the tail of the reaper, my crew start to repair the heavy damage we took while i get our ship ready for some portside shot on the galleon, but alas the wind is too strong, we take this pause in the fight to make our ship good as new !

Forced to go around an island, we watch as the gally fully demast the brig and proceed to sink it.

we sail towards both ship, aiming at the gally, looking to take the upper hand as some of their crew is on board of the brig. As we hear the sound of a pirate canoning themselves, we take watch on the ladder, and proceed to fend off the boarder on our left ladder Knocking him out of it, but a second boarder took the right ladder, taking us by surprise !

After killing one of ou crewmate he drops our anchor before meeting is end, as two of us raise the anchor, our third crewmate revive our forth to defend from the second boarder.
    And, in all the chaos, The Kraken ink surround our vessel, luckily for us getting our anchor dropped, stoped us at the edge of the ink, as we finish to raise the anchor and kill the other boarder, we are now in the broadside of the other galleon, pelting our lower deck with holes.

after we manage to sail out of the ink, the other gally decide to turn away, looking to get the loot from the sunk sloop at mermaid's hideway.

As our supply start to look low, we decide to stop at a skeleton fort, since the gally is doing the same at a spanish fort, and it's now late in the night, we decide to sail to plunder outpost as some of our crew will soon need to log out, hoping to force a fight near the outpost.

and the gally does follow ! But, surprise ! 2 sloop in a alliance are at plunder outpost, as they set sail to fight us, we manage to sink them after a quick skirmish.
    As the gally is now geting near, we sail out to allow our boarder to take a mermaid, when the entire crew is onboard, we raise front, rear and mid-sail for a sharp turn on the gally, now on our rear.

Instead of trying to cut behind us to stay out of our angle as long as possible, they nosedive in our broad, letting us get the first shot, we lower our front and rear, Both of our ship are broad to broad, volley after volley we get the upper hand, as they fumble to raise their midle-sail, we get down an anchor ball and cut down their mast, now sending boarder to finish the job.

needless to say this was a hell of a fun fight ! and pretty much the reason why i love this game ! hope you liked my stoy.

Views
1 out of 1