My Ideal Captaincy Update

• So, as we know, a lot of evidence points to Season Seven being the Fabled Captaincy Update, or at the very least expanded ship customization. That said, here are some features I would enjoy in an update.

#1: New Ship Cosmetics. You know what I mean. I'm talking Railings, Lanterns, Harpoons, Masts(?), Furniture, etcetera. This would really help many of us scurvy scallywags make our ship feel more like a home than merely the big wood thing we use to get from point A to point B.

#2: Let's Show Off a Bit. Such things to showcase Commendations could include a fish trophy board, paintings, a cutlass hanging over your Captain's Desk, or even a Stat Journal. Get creative with these in the comments!

#3: What's Ship is Mine. SHIP OWNING. You could own up to three ships of a type at once, each with presets and a name slot. Owning a Ship could cost around 1-3 million Gold, going up by a million each time you purchase a new one. Larinna also sells a Forged Ship Name Deed for 500 Doubloons, which allows you to change ship names. Owned Ships keep their cosmetics each session. Your Ship also has a custom Banner when looked at through a Spyglass, which brings up the Ship Name and allows you to change the music sting.

#4: The Crew Leaderboard. Your Ship now shows up on a leaderboard that can be accessed from either the Shipwright Shop or Tavern, (Bounty System?) with each Owned Ship having her own page. This will show the Ship, along with the Crew and Pets that sail under her flag. Each crew member can add their own biography of their Pirate, and the Captain (Ship Owner) can write a bio of their ship. This leaderboard shows stats, along with a picture of cosmetics of the crew members and the ship they sailed on the last session. However, as the leaderboard shows last session's cosmetics, this could be a chance to slap on some Castaway Bilge Rat paint over your Royal Soveregin ship to throw off any conniving cutthroats wishing to prove themselves against your Crew, so you can finally use the sumptuous amount of ship skins you likely never even think about anymore. This could work as a sort of Emmisary Ledger for Owned Ships, though I'm not sure what the Rewards would be. (OPTIONAL)You could also select a certain crew that you have an interest in facing, and then the game will try to spawn you on their server if they are available, with about a 10% chance of success if they're on.

And, there you have it. My ideal captaincy Update. If you have any feature ideas you think I should mention, put them down below. Cheers!

Views
    questioncommunityjust for funstory & lore
  • I support section #2 with commendations having meaning, id prefer if any cosmetics can be unlocked for your ship they are all locked behind a long effort and grind.

Maybe something like a Gold Curse 2.0 where you need to complete every commendation in the game for a stool or nice rug for your ship.

• So, as we know, a lot of evidence points to Season Seven being the Fabled Captaincy Update, or at the very least expanded ship customization.

@GeneralCreeper6 Now, where upon the Sea did you hear about a thing like that? 🤔

• @galactic-geek AshinyRay, Ghost Admiral, Falcore and a few others have made videos if you want to know more!

• @generalcreeper6 said in My Ideal Captaincy Update:

@galactic-geek AshinyRay, Ghost Admiral, Falcore and a few others have made videos if you want to know more!

Of those, I only follow Falcore, and I barely recall him mentioning it at all really. In passing perhaps, but nothing concrete.

• Some truly inspired ideas here, and I would support most of them. What you said about displaying commendations and fish trophies on ships has me intrigued, in a good way.

• Well, this aged better’n Tina’s Grog.

• @generalcreeper6 said in My Ideal Captaincy Update:

Well, this aged better’n Tina’s Grog.

Lol

Views
questioncommunityjust for funstory & lore
7 out of 8