Where, oh where!?

• I have been sailing for 5 years now and am still learning about the Sea. In fact I just learned something new from PhuzzyBond - how the hit indicator works...

I didn't even know there was 1 (that was that specific)! 😅

Views
  • That was the exact same one that got me in that video - somehow I always completely overlooked that. Game changer.

• @redeyesith said in Where, oh where!?:

That was the exact same one that got me in that video - somehow I always completely overlooked that. Game changer.

I tested it, and it's legit. I fought a clamhead ocean crawler and got gassed. As I circled him, the red pointer indicator changed position, always directing me to that hard head of his.

• I think they added the hit direction indicator within the last year or so. I don't remember which update specifically.

• @d3adst1ck I'm pretty sure it's always been a thing or at least it's been around for a very long time

• Yup just looked up some beta footage and can confirm that it has always indeed been a thing

• @peony7185 said in Where, oh where!?:

@d3adst1ck Yup just looked up some beta footage and can confirm that it has always indeed been a thing

I found it in the patch notes for v2.0.10 which was December 2019, way after beta. Maybe it was a removed and then resurrected feature?

Directional Damage Indicator – When you are being attacked, the Damage effect around the screen now identifies the direction in which the damage came from.

It was pre-COVID times which might be why I remember it being not as far back as that :D

• @d3adst1ck Huh that is indeed very strange, maybe you're right and they did remove it at some point because it was in the beta, it moved in the direction of the hit and everything.

• @D3ADST1CK That's odd because I think I would have remembered that - I keep up with and read patch notes, as as well as the forum comments regarding them, and that's big 1!

@Peony7185 Got any footage that you can share yhat is from prior to that patch?

Views
1 out of 11