Fun adventure, now some feedback

• I just want to preface this post by saying that regardless of outcome i enjoyed this event, i wish reapers won, but team merrick were clearly devoted and played well, so no complaints here.

That being said, i would like to talk about transparency and how a lack of details made this event less liked overall than it could have been. These problems go from as simple as a lack of understanding/communication of rewards, up until what counts as a vote and even who is winning currently.

1. There was a lot of people on both sides (myself included) who were confused at the point of either of the outcomes, as there was not confirmation until after the event that each side had equal amounts of changes planned. I suspected something would change either way, but as no one outright said that something big would happen either way, a lot of people voted solely on the immediate outcome, believing the other side would either make golden sands useless forever, or would just return an outpost without any new functions. Even saying “we have big things planned either way, and no matter what it will change for the better” would have helped.

2. The misinformation on what counts towards either side was clearly a mistake, but it could be helpful to make a post next time that details everything at the start of the event. Additionally, it would be nice if a notification popped up in game that tells you when you've cast a vote.

3. It was obvious throughout that the percentage of votes on either side was being tracked, as some posts and even the final announcement used these numbers, but it might be nice in the future to be able to access these numbers ourselves. Even if it only updates once every few hours it'll be easier to track than the system that was used online.

All of these things would help to reduce the stress within the community, and help alleviate the constant shouts from both sides that the event was “rigged” for the other. Besides the problems i said above, i actually quite liked this event! Had a lot of fun with it, and found it to be one of the best adventures you've done so far! Cant wait to see where the story goes from here.

Views
    communityfeedbackevents
  • @thatgy16 Confusion, misinformation, undisclosed data...almost makes you think there was a war going on.

Views
communityfeedbackevents
1 out of 2