Leaving the Sea for good.

• i was looking forward to making sea of thieves my main summer game. but it seems that all the seas have to offer is monthly updates with a whole 20 minutes of content, a mind numbing mystery with vague clues that seem to be designed to artificially boost player engagement metrics/social media presence and mindlessly grinding loot for cosmetics, im out. ive been wearing the same items since 2018, all i care about is combat and story/lore. bad enough you removed Arena, all sense of competition lost. sinking people when you are max rank in everything and basically own everything is boring and pointless, unless you are an egotistical sociopath.

Maybe if you guys got rid of the goofballs who want to make ship sets and costumes based on fish, you would actually see some Ancient Coin sales and wouldn't have to cut content. Lets not even talk about the embarrassment you guys call Season 6 Plunder Pass.

And of course player metrics for Arena were low, people want to reach pirate legend and max everything out, partake in the limited time events, that takes over a year for most people who only have 3-4 hours a day to play and most people dont even play everyday. You think these people want to get on and wait 10 minutes for a lobby, spend 20 minutes in the match only to lose? No sense of accomplishment and leave feeling like it was time not well spent.

But you know what type of people would enjoy something like that? Hardcore players who have achieved everything and want to keep playing your game for the PvP, but dont want to be bothered chasing people across the adventure map just to have them scuttle or go into red sea when we dont even want loot, just combat. I just want to have genuine structured PvP that doesnt involve me ruining someone elses time and effort or their 4 hour stack.

It would have been much wiser to have just left Arena as it was, but simply say there will not be any more development put into it unless it increases in popularity. I personally know 3 people who literally only log on for the monthly update, play for literally 10ish hours then dont play again till next update. But if we had Arena still, these guys would be on everyday just like the old days.

Views
  • @dusk4o1 Ahoy matey!

While we understand your intention is to leave feedback, this type of post draws negative reaction, and does not foster discussion in the community. Posts containing callouts, aiming to confront the dev team or demanding certain actions be taken, do not offer anything constructive for the community to discuss. We value your feedback, and if you want to make suggestions or offer your ideas to improve the game, please feel free to create a new topic in Feedback & Suggestions.

Sea of Thieves will always be a shared world adventure game, with elements of both PvP and PvE.

If this is the last goodbye, then sorry to see you go... but the seas will always be waiting should you want to return.

This topic will now be locked.

Views
1 out of 2