New PVP Game Mode

• I think that seeing DeMarco was recently killed, his sister Lesedi should open up a new pvp faction in honor of her brother, that has its own separate mode like arena once did. You have taken certain very successful elements like a battle pass from other games and they have worked out great in Sea of thieves. I was thinking that because many great games have a last man standing, king of the hill, or even a team death match mode for their players to enjoy, you guys should try the same thing. Try sending a survey out to the community to see what they think.

Views
    xbox onecommunitywindows 10feedback
  • @b1indw Not every mod can be applied to every game in the same way expectations are different from any gaming community.

Past experience showed that the mix of pvepvp works better for SOT.

• @b1indw We had arena and it failed for many reasons. Ultimately it was barely played. Even if they sent out a survey for a new mode why would it be any different

• Even if it was successful it would only serve in splitting the community and make the Adventure mode less fun because there would be fewer crews to look out for.

• Oh just imagine a battle royale mode, where the map constantly shrinks, and you have to find your weapons laying on different islands, they could even add weak power ups to make things interesting.
    Or an arena version which uses limited sections of the map, they could add team DM, FFA, Flag, and many other game modes.
    The issue I think arena had was that the map was really small, experienced players constantly would spawn camp newer ones, and chests gave insane amount of points, so normally, players would get stuck in a zone of the map endlessly fighting ppl who don't care about winning, meanwhile one ship who did care just would run non stop toward chests and win the match in a few minutes.

• @captain-coel Honestly it's 100% on rare for arena failing. Arena was very popular for a few months but it dwindled in interest. This is to be expected. What game dev releases a new game mode and puts no effort into trying to attract new players? Look at the current state of SoT's adventure mode to see what I mean. Rare has shifted to do more limited events to draw in players. They even started doing the battle pass to ensure people would play for a certain amount of time each season. I think if they actually applied the same kind of love to arena they could have drawn people in. They could have done limited time events with rewards. Like look at reapers v golden sands. There could have been potential for team fights. Reapers vs Golden sands. They could have done special days with special things like maybe we could spawn in the devils roar with active volcanoes, perhaps skeleton fleets could join the battle? There are so many things they could have done to drum up player engagement but they chose to not. I absolutely 100% blame rare for this. No sane game dev would release a new game mode and then do absolutely nothing with it. That's a dammed good way to ensure it dies off.

• Ahoy, going to be dropping anchor on this thread as there is a post about Rare's thoughts on PvPvE (including a link to the Sea of Thieves Podcast that discusses it) here: https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/136693/pvpve-the-team-s-thoughts/1

You can read an article by Joe here in regards to Private/Custom Servers.

Thank you.

Views
xbox onecommunitywindows 10feedback
1 out of 7