WHY WON'T DISTRIBUTE PVP AND PVE SERVERS?

• I have been playing this game since it came out on pc and this is no fun when you were grinding the whole day, and when you stepped on an island, some smart players will just destroy your ship and steal your lot when you were looting around. I assume this is the main reason why a lot of new players or even old ones lose interest fast in this game and so you have no online on pc versions and no one wants to play it. Why won't you distribute PVP and PVE servers, or at least do that, players can't damage you and your ship or steal your loot. You make a bias on the RP component, but as if no one wants to follow such rules, but simply travel around the sea and look for easy victims. You disabled ARENA as so a lot of PVP players went playing PVE and started killing other players or even some of them quit the game at all, that was a huge mistake. I remember the time when the Pirate Life came out, there was a tall tale where you need to do some puzzles under the water with other players, but most of them were camping at the end to kill some easy targets with loot.

Views
    feedbackgeneral
  • @keyboardc1969 in before locked

• @keyboardc1969 part of the game, don’t hord so much treasure if you're not able to handle the loss of it

• Plan your voyages, change your tactics, adapt to the flow and learn by your defeat how to win. Lock down following!

• grinding the whole day, and when you stepped on an island, some smart players will just destroy your ship and steal your lot when you were looting around

So they were acting as Many pirates do and...plunder. :/

I assume this is the main reason why a lot of new players or even old ones lose interest fast in this game

That and many young players today are so use to having there hand held while they game, when they find one that offers you nothing, and you must actually LEARN to play and find out how to counter these things. They run away.
    (But not older players like myself. Im too chill)

or at least do that, players can't damage you and your ship or steal your loot.

Then what the point of cannons? Just because I can't damage your ship by cannons, doesnt mean I cant damage your ship :p You cant prevent a player from stealing it and ramming into islands or forcing it into places.

You disabled ARENA as so a lot of PVP players went playing PVE and started killing other players

So it basically back to the Old days, Day One. And even with Arena, PvP was always part of the PVE...almost as if it were PvPvE...

• man this argument is like asking for an easy mode in Elden ring. It isn't that kind of game. to make a PvE-only server would defeat the whole purpose. it is an open-world sandbox pirate game. meaning you can go out wherever you want, and do whatever you want within the confines of the game. don't like it? there are other pirate games that are PvE only. please tell me how fun it is to do the same exact thing over and over with 0 change, pretty sure that has been quoted as the definition of insanity. as my Elden ring/dark souls community members would say: git gud;)

ah, and as for arena, we didn't lose that many people man 2% of the player base isn't anything to gawk at. although it sucks arena was bound to disappear. at least they're working it into the story rather than axing it and calling it a day. devs have also mentioned wanting to incorporate arena in adventure somehow in the future. also, I don't think people are targeting easy victims I think they're just being pirates and attacking a ship. There's always gonna be jerks in any game (i.e. reapers who kill tall tale kids). WELCOME TO ONLINE GAMING BUDDY.

p.s. read the reaper code on mermaids, the pirate code isn't the only set of in-game rules ;)

• Ahoy!

We have given our thoughts on the topic of PvPvE and discussed it in an official Podcast here.

There is also a thread for Custom servers here.

Sea of Thieves will always be a shared-world adventure game, with elements of both PvP and PvE but Joe did speak about Custom Servers about a year ago. These servers will not offer Gold or progression IF they become available to the public. Private Servers are still being tested with our Partners.

Dropping anchor on this now.

Thanks,
    j0toro

Views
feedbackgeneral
1 out of 7