most of the solo sloop problems could be fixed with a shorter respawn time

• for those that solo sloop it can be rough, you could be stacked on supplies and be doing good for a session but then you make one mistake and die and your ready to fix your boat but by the time you get back it just sank this is the problem for most solo players it's not that their bad players but the fact if you die once it's over a lot of solo sloop players are really good at the game but it just the fact if you die once it's over it didn't use to be that way the expanded ship damage makes it harder for solos but ship damage can be overcome if you know what you are doing a lot of the solo problems can be overcome if you know what your doing every activity in the game can be done solo I regularly do solo veil quests and solo ghost ship missions I can even solo skeleton galleons if I need too but if I make one mistake and die my boat normally sinks when I get back but talk about what you think about this possible fix

Views
    communityfeedback
  • If two solo sloops meet and have the same respawn rate, it just be a normal encounter.

The only real problem, is the black screen some players encounter if they have a slower machine

• there is no fix. brigs and galleons are bigger and faster. you are out gunned and out manned everytime. they also start with more supplies than a sloop as well.

brigs can out run sloops now into the wind.

what should happen is the sloop should be made the fastest boat and make it more of the “getaway boat” where the brig and galleons are the battle boats

• My take would be remove respawn on other players ships that you are not allied too, increase the sloops headwind speed and slightly increase its headwind speed with crosswind so it can actually escape encounters like the other two ships. I'd also say to move the ladders so they are on the lower deck near the cannons similar to the brig. This way you can see a boarder easier on the wheel and it's a further distance for the boarder to travel to reach the anchor. Also raise the railings slightly so its harder to get popcorned off the ship.

The sloop can be quite effective, even in the hands of a solo player but you need to be experienced to extract this potential. The changes above would make life easier to solo players but also not cause the sloop to be buffed with a duo crew.

• If anything I would say to scale the respawn times dependent on the number of teammates you have, so that if a solo sloop has to take on another group it would stand more of a chance against bigger crews. If the game were to add five or so more seconds per player (it could be scaled down if need be) that would allow teams of less people more of a chance against a larger crews.

• At this point they should just delete sloop. Mast down against an equal crew of a larger ship means sloop loses.

Views
communityfeedback
1 out of 6