Current Mystery Seas 3k theory so don't look

• ||The first few clues didn't make sense at first. The music box pointing towards Mermaids, or the Sea of Thieves N.E.W.S. site with this page photo but one thing stood out from that site and the initial announcement video which was Plunder and the art of the trickster TT riddle.
    Further clues gathered were from Wanderer's island, and poison, the 1989 retro remix & the possibility of that being 1sq N 9sq E 8 sq W and 9 sq S. When taken from Sea Dogs Outpost you will land on Thieves Haven. However, with limited exploring time my friend & I left that THR sore spot for another day. Today, however; we just got the photo of snake meat cooking on Devil's Ridge with an emphasis on snake. Nothing exciting struck me on Devil's until I saw a similar rock-art. Two people worshiping. With nothing else to go on, we went to Snake Island. Where we saw it again and I noticed - something else - and again another poison just like Devil's. With the possibilty of 3 islands in mind, we jumped back to Plunder. The head photo of the news site and the opening of the announcement video and back to the skeleton from the TT in the photo, when lit up a bit more properly, you can see this worship, flame, chalice/poison. As for mermaids & why the music box is pointed there, if you've ever done a vault there, the vault key for the vault is a serpent. As for the rest of my theory... in the TT cave of Plunder, is this poor chap wearing a Roar emblem. This is by far a loooong stretch, but we haven't heard a peep out of Stitcher Jim in a long time. A Roar crew member who tried to poison Morrow and who was slighted by Flameheart - "...Stitcher Jim was among the members of the alliance that explored The Devil's Roar. There he discovered the Box of Wondrous Secrets, and destroyed the alliance all except alliance leader Grace Morrow (who he jokingly calls Cpt. Sorrow), who survived his attempt to poison." Now, there are Twin Groves rumors for Lesedi, but I'm wondering if Wanda is involved and if Stich' is trying to get revenge on Flameheart, as both were scorned by Flameheart as well? Still, I got my money on Jim trying to suck up to the fat head in the sky... But that's just a theory.||

Views
    just for fun
  • @drizkillz that's some in-depth research there matey!
    Will be fun to see how things play out!

• There is a new clue on Sea Dogs Rest which will allow you to acquire a new lantern. Going back to Demarco reveals this clue. We've only started taking the new revealing lantern to a couple islands and went by Thieves Haven as it has yet to be tied into the mystery. At the graveyard shown in clue pictures and the lantern held out and you can now see this note which reads. There are also messages at lone cove and wanderers, Sunken, Crooked, Flintlock Penn, Rubys, Sharkbait and at Krakens. The shanty playing when you find Demarco is Seek The Dead, all clues have been found at graveyards.

Edit: Added more locations

• @drizkillz
    There's a lore topic with a megathread... great work but a lot of the mystery solvers are only looking there.
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/148162/the-mystery-begins/

Views
just for fun
3 out of 4