Revamp old features

• Sea of thieves has a lot of things to do at the moment. You can sail to any adventure and have fun with your friends.

However, the last Seasons have brought many things that are not being used with the frequency they should.

• The Shrines have no incentive to do them once you have done the Larinna storyline. There should be some quests or voyages to increase their loot and add some replayability to them.

• Dig and Bury treasure is a cool feature but loses all it’s purpose once you finish the commendations. I suggest adding some profit to the feature for the people who give away their loot or add some “cross session” code to give your own maps to other people by using your own map code.

• Sea Forts have the same problem. Their value is very low and there aren’t even cosmetics related to them. I suggest adding more mechanics to the fort to increase it’s usage.

I remember when I first sailed the Sea of Thieves in 2018 that battles were all focused around the same spot because that’s what people needed to get more money. You should add some time limited events that happen every week to increase player activity around some point. For example, we had FortNights which is an activity that gathered players around forts as their value increased during a certain period of time. Therefore I suggest adding some daily events that increase a certain World Event or Sea Fort/Shrine so players looking for some gold could gather around them and create interesting battles.

Views
  • @capt-pilotes

Shrines: useless after commendations are done. I do agree maybe 25% with you if they created more things for them they might get used more but the biggest problem was leaving your boat alone. Now if they changed it so say if your on a boat by yourself once you enter the shrine/treasury your boat despawns and once you come out it respawns again i doubt many people would go back

Forts: useless after a few commendations if any. Loot was bad. Only real use is supplies. Nobody ever used the forts the way rare wanted them to which was to pull your boat in, take over the fort and then defend it. There is nothing to defend lol The loot is not worth it at all. The adventure increased the use of them for a short period but i dont think there is much they could do at this point but to just get rid of them.

Dig and bury: pointless from the beginning. Once you had the ability(which was day one) to bury kegs to troll it was a done deal.

Now your last part: im an alliance server player and we would take great advantage of that event over and over. Because of that i would say no. Plus most dont want that kind of action…only the trihards

• Need to think of the reasons of why these were added.

So far, the three things you mention are for the the ones who wanted something new and quick loot collecting.

The Shrines have no incentive to do them once you have done the Larinna storyline

Commendations, and the Loot is pretty worth it compare to the others. Plus is always fun to stack all the loot in the shells and pick them all up at once :p

Dig and Bury treasure is a cool feature but loses all it’s purpose once you finish the commendations.

"Once you finish the commendations" which not many have xD But yeah this one was odd and does include it own problems to maintain repeat, besides just being a Pirate and bury something.

Sea Forts have the same problem. Their value is very low and there aren’t even cosmetics related to them.

The lower level pirates dont seem to mind :p and the Reapers use them to quickly lvl up.

• @madfrito99 said in Revamp old features:

@capt-pilotes

Shrines: useless after commendations are done. I do agree maybe 25% with you if they created more things for them they might get used more but the biggest problem was leaving your boat alone. Now if they changed it so say if your on a boat by yourself once you enter the shrine/treasury your boat despawns and once you come out it respawns again i doubt many people would go back

Forts: useless after a few commendations if any. Loot was bad. Only real use is supplies. Nobody ever used the forts the way rare wanted them to which was to pull your boat in, take over the fort and then defend it. There is nothing to defend lol The loot is not worth it at all. The adventure increased the use of them for a short period but i dont think there is much they could do at this point but to just get rid of them.

Dig and bury: pointless from the beginning. Once you had the ability(which was day one) to bury kegs to troll it was a done deal.

Now your last part: im an alliance server player and we would take great advantage of that event over and over. Because of that i would say no. Plus most dont want that kind of action…only the trihards

Despawning and respawning your boat would be way too powerful but yes that is yes reason that shrines are so bad.
    Forts are decent loot if you stack them back to back.
    Kegs were not the problem with burrying not even close, the priblem is that there is 0 reason to burry.
    Alliance servers will always be broken and the game should never be balanced towards them because that will ruin the game for those who actually want play the game legitimately and no, it is not just tryhards who want action, player interaction is the key point of sea of thieves whether that is pvp or friendly interactions. I understand that you don't get that SoT is supposed to be a pvpve game sense you play on alliance servers, but for those of us who enjoy the game how it was made to be, player interaction is the best part and should be incouraged more.

• Agree with the sentiment. Seems like there are a lot of old rides in the themepark that is Sea of Thieves that could be updated / rehabilitated. Vaults is another I'd like to see redone. Lessen the sail time to complete them, give them a new purpose.

• @capt-pilotes

I would also add to rework Diving. Right now, I really think Diving is stiff and rigid when trying to loot a shipwreck, odd angles causing confusion for the brain.

Views
1 out of 6