legend of the veil loot despawning after putting in the veil stone in the veil while on cannon cove

• i was doing the legend of the veil voyage the haunted island bit i killed the soulflame captain when back to my boat to put the veil stone in and grab a collecters chest i came back onto the island and the loot was gone i was wondering if putting the veil stone in before you touch the loot causes it to despawn

Views
  • This has happened to me. I thought I was just being stupid and forgot where it was. But maybe it is a despawning issue. It happened to me on Crescent Isle though.

• @salofthesea When did this happen to you?! To my knowledge this issue was reported and solved.

• just had this happen on Crooked Masts, loot was in view of my ship until it wasn't.

• I have also had it happen. I don't know if it is still true since last patch as we have all got used to taking everything out of the chests before you put the veil stone in.

• In the same vein, I have now had three-row boats full of loot despawn when my character has either died or taken the mermaid back to my ship.

And NO, it wasn't stolen from me. I hadn't seen any other ships on the server for at least an hour or any evidence showing that it may have been stolen.

• And NO, it wasn't stolen from me. I hadn't seen any other ships on the server for at least an hour or any evidence showing that it may have been stolen.

Doesn’t mean someone didn’t. Rowboat?

• Is this the chest bug where if you don't touch the veil loot, it will remove it from the Ancient Chest?

• Just had the same bug after defeating the Soulflame Captain at Crook's Hollow during Legend of the Veil. Saw the loot on the ground, put the veil stone in the mask, come back, no loot

• It’s still happening. Happened to me on Shipwreck Bay 2 days ago and Sailor’s Bounty on Friday, though the Shipwreck Bay one was bugged anyway (phantoms and skellies on the island during the battle, I got blundered right after killing the captain, came back and loot was gone).

• Until rare is going to fix it in the meantime just put all the loot on your boat before you put the veil stone in so that doesn't cause the loot to despawn I normally solo the veil quest the loot only despawns for me when I left the loot on the ground before putting the veil stone in it happens the most during the soulflame encounter if you leave the loot on the ground and don't touch it it will despawn when you put the veil stone in just be safe and put the loot on your boat before you put the veil stone in

• Can confirm, did Shipwreck Bay haunted island, parked my boat right beside the battle on the south side. Finished the battle and took the gem first in order to fetch a collectors chest on my ship, and the loot disappeared when I returned in a matter of seconds. Second time happening on this part of the voyage. Lesson learned here is to take the loot first until they address this bug.

Views
10 out of 12