Owning a fortress

• After the fortress has been defeated, you can raise the flag at the top. After that, the fortress will protect you by appearing ghosts who will be on your side.

My idea:

1. conquer the fortress
    2. raise the flag (maybe for money)
    3. the ghosts will appear who are on your side.
    4. if enemy ship chase me, I'll go close to my fortress and the ghosts will only shoot at the opponents.

I mean, the forts are awesome. i just miss some bigger uses than getting money and supplies. and 4 cooking stoves with a map.

Other ideas:
    a. after you give the flag you get the key to the treasure vault, the more you give loot then more ghost spawn. reason why players should recharge the fortress. the first ghost would be the captain who also when he dies drops the key from him.
    b. the flag could be emissary. it would increase by putting loot in the vault.
    c. the flag would be visible on the map for all to see.
    d. crazy idea, passive money gain. after you put loot in the vault a new chest would appear which would be worth a percentage based on how long the loot was there + of course the bigger the emissary the bigger the percentage. that chest could be limited to some amount of gold and see it on map when is on a max.

Views
  • Why would FLAMEHEART'S spanish fleet help you? You have to consider lore too.

• @thorumsu said in Owning a fortress:

Why would FLAMEHEART'S spanish fleet help you? You have to consider lore too.

You just freed them from his bonds, perhaps with a magical mucguffin. Boom. Fixed.

Idunno if you watched that 2nd trailer, but they don’t seem to like Flameheart very much… call the expansion - the Phantom rebellion.

See, lore is easy.

• I love the idea and I honestly think it will happen someday.

• @mostexpendable, Owning a fortress içinde yazdı:

@thorumsu said in Owning a fortress:

Why would FLAMEHEART'S spanish fleet help you? You have to consider lore too.

You just freed them from his bonds, perhaps with a magical mugguffin. Boom. Fixed.

They are memories. Not real intelegent dudes (Other than the jailor we murdered and the captain). They serve Flameheart at all costs as he has relics that can trap them for eternity should they ever disobey him. Also... We dont break their bonds. We send them back to the Sea Of The Damned. Pretty sure Mike can figure something out tho.

I know I sound like a PVE lord but I am not. I promise XD

• then don't spawn ghost but npc.

• @baybaton15975 said in Owning a fortress:

then don't spawn ghost but npc.

Or the Pirate Lord shows up with a bunch of Tavern Ghosts and they help you.

Blind Bob on cannons, being guided by legendary Luke.

There’s always a way.

Personally. I’d like to magically free some Spanish phantoms / memories.

• @mostexpendable

nice I forgot about there is some friendly ghosts.

• There's gotta be something planned for these forts cause their layout and features are too specific for their current purpose. A map? Two keys? All those cannons for enemies that can barely can hit a target?

I also think a mechanic where you can take over them is the natural next step. But there's gotta be a motivation to do so. Maybe loot increases the longer you can hold the fort? Something along the lines of a capture the flag game.

• Something fresh like this would definitely be nice, it could be a nice way for more casual people / new people and kirito players to defend themselves more easily.

Plus it would be an additional challenge for people who like pvp i guess, hopefully there could also be some loot/reward mechanic included for both attackers and defenders.

I think there is a lot of potential in this idea of expanding on the sea forts even if its not exactly the same as op described.

I really wish they added more mechanics / content that include potential pvp in them, lately its been mostly pve updates.

• @remove-bougette

I don't it will be something op like AI in sea of thieves don't hit many shots when you move. :D

Views
10 out of 11