Shrouded Deep complaint (rant/feedback)

• Just gonna add one more voice of disappointment to the feedback thread. 5 players is not easy to get if you didn't get in on the adventure during the first couple of days, which is not always possible for players with work/family/life commitments. When my crew and I were finally able to get together again to do the final chapter, we spent an hour trying to get 2 ships on the same server ("1-2-3 Join!") and then gave up and spent 2 hours trying to get another crew to help. We server-hopped for half an hour until we found one with all four effigies in place, then grabbed a Reaper's Bounty as a marker and sailed to the Killer Whale. We left the Bounty and 2 crew members on the Whale to try to recruit help, then I sailed off chasing a sloop on the horizon flying an Alliance flag and yelling "Please help us summon the meg, we're peaceful!" through the megaphone at the panicked sloop sailing frantically away. I finally gave up and went back to the KW and waited until a Reaper showed up and spawn-camped us (we figured what the heck, it's good PvP practice until they finally got bored and sank our ship). We gave up on the adventure; collectively we decided not to try joining an Alliance server to do it but stuff like this does make it more alluring.

The idea is cool, the storyline is fun for a noob (just started in December so I missed out on living all the past history), but without any in-game matchmaking or social features beyond "shout/shoot/sink", the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not sure what the goal is; if continuously adding new content is intended to attract new players to a fresh, dynamic game that the devs are invested in, it needs to be more accessible to said players. If the goal is to further the divide between the Old Boys' Club and the noobs, then target hit.

• @redeyesith see i would disagree. player requirements could be a great thing if designed correctly.

i think its alot of fun working with people towards a common goal the problem is design flaws and toxic people.

take shrouded deep.

1. should of had a checkpoint system due to toxic behavior (camping killer whale and meg summoning spots).

2. beacon system once you turned in 4th soul it would broadcast that people need help to summon the shrouded ghost and reward you with gold or something for your help

3. if after a certain time passes by and you dont get any help you can then get merrick to help (there would be a countdown for when this could happen)

this is where the disagreements occur which create the biggest issue:

1. be mature when it comes to cooperative events and work together to help each other and dont prevent others from doing it

people are stuck on “its a pirate game, “its a sandbox”, “its called sea of thieves” so we must act in a certain way or we arent playing the correct way

remember there is not one thing in this game that forces you to sink people. to steal loot. so you can choose not to do those things and thats ok!

you have control over how you act and treat others in the game. the game doesnt force you to act in any certain way. for example there is 0 reason to camp any adventure period. so if you do you are simply being toxic and trying to purposely prevent others from doing it. that is not ok.

1. design things you want to be cooperative in a way that incentives it and creates a safe way to do it (i.e. glitterbeard and people turning on you right before you start playing the shanty). its the only successful way it will work.

my point is we could have alot of successful cooperative events if people open their minds to new ways of doing things for the benefit of others.

remember the game doesnt force you to sink and steal from people. its your choice and yours
    alone.

it doesnt force you to camp events or turn on people. thats your choice.

Views
feedbackgeneralcommunitystory & loreevents
71 out of 72