Tall Tale Only Mode

• Add a Tall Tale Only Mode
    Trade off would be you can't sell or progress reputations, but you don't worry about that in Tall Tales anyways.
    Would be nice to get away from the random PVPers and actually be able to enjoy the story.

Views
    story & lore
  • That's why check points were brought in

Makes the tall tale experience low risk and minimal loss.

Allows tale tale participants to easily grab a new server if there is an issue to continue the story without losing much time.

• sure, and I use them but in the past week on multiple nights I get attacked and server hop to just get attacked before I can even re-start from the check point.
    as a mostly solo player it is a huge waste of time to deal with pvp when just trying to do a tall tale.

as you said the checkpoints already remove most of the risk and are nice for random disconnects or running out of time to play but still huge hassle to deal with pvp when you have no interest in it at the time.

• @darkglory88 said in Tall Tale Only Mode:

sure, and I use them but in the past week on multiple nights I get attacked and server hop to just get attacked before I can even re-start from the check point.
    as a mostly solo player it is a huge waste of time to deal with pvp when just trying to do a tall tale.

as you said the checkpoints already remove most of the risk and are nice for random disconnects or running out of time to play but still huge hassle to deal with pvp when you have no interest in it at the time.

If you are struggling with getting attacked this often we can schedule a time where I can watch your boat for you while you work on the islands you need to go to help you finish up the tale you are working on.

Servers are random so it is possible you are facing consistent hostility, typically not something I see but it's possible.

If you are struggling with these attacks I can be of help or you can use the forums, the discord, or looking for a group for an extra person or a larger crew to go through it with you for backup.

• @darkglory88
    When I was doing Tall Tales every time I faced a crew I just simply told them "I'm doing Tall Tale, nothing on ship and I don't care to fight now". I think I got sunk once during all Tall Tales.
    Obviously I never showed any hostility or intention to escape. If you escape or avoid other ships they think you are worth attacking.

• @cinnumann said in Tall Tale Only Mode:

@darkglory88
    When I was doing Tall Tales every time I faced a crew I just simply told them "I'm doing Tall Tale, nothing on ship and I don't care to fight now". I think I got sunk once during all Tall Tales.
    Obviously I never showed any hostility or intention to escape. If you escape or avoid other ships they think you are worth attacking.

unfortunately we met dozens of crews who used this as an excuse to get away with their loot. Thats why we demast you to double check your ship anyways. Talltale? okay. But your non-TT loot will be taken anyways as well as the chains we needed. And if you have any kind of emissary flag while doing your TT, thats bad for you.

You'd wonder how many crews try to get away with this; and of course if you run or attack, then you will definitely get sunk anyways. Thats where the checkpoints come in handy.

So try to not do them completely alone, there are lots of LFC discords out there and lots of players who still need or want to do talltales together.

• @darkglory88 Ahoy!

The team have semi-recently given their thoughts on the topic of PvPvE and discussed it in an official Podcast here.

There is also a thread for Custom servers here.

Sea of Thieves will always be a shared world adventure game, with elements of both PvP and PvE but Joe did speak about Custom Servers about a year ago. These servers will not offer Gold or progression IF they become available to the public. Private Servers are still being tested with our Partners.

Dropping anchor on this now.

Views
story & lore
6 out of 7