Sea Dogs idea

• Now before we begin I played arena a total of 2 times while it was out but I thought of an idea that could allow players to continue the Sea dogs grind as well as encourage pvp in servers

Simple : create an emissary for seadogs much like reapers where you’re flag would be displayed on the map

Use the sea dogs tavern as the only place you can sell loot or flags which is right next to reapers - maybe not allowing players to sell loot there would be more better as that would take away from reapers (possibly just enemy flags)

Essentially it would be sea dogs vs reapers as their locations are extremely close to each other (middle of the map would be a place to go if your looking for a fight)

Now I’m not sure how they would be able to incorporate the commendations that where tied to arena into this however tis just an idea

And as always server alliances would ruin this but hey just food for thought

Views
    just for funfeedbackcompetition
  • No.

Reapers are the PvP faction. We don't need more. Sea dogs would just become the same thing Reapers are : a bunch of toxic fotd stackers who redsea instead of fighting.

#RunningReapers

To keep Sea Dogs alive, they need to add back Arena. Stupid and unnecessary to remove it and they lied about needing extra resources to help with development.

Season 6 was a step backwards

• @ottyman8687

I agree that it’s not necessarily something I would really like or care to have added more just a topic for discussion.

But I do think that not allowing player to have the ability to actually sell loot would avoid the FOTD stacking that we see with reapers. Having it be just a faction that only gives you progress for pvp.

I just think it would be interesting to see two pvp factions - kinda like the history of the Spanish and British fighting over control of the Caribbean.

• @dumbbuddy2 disse em Sea Dogs idea:

I played arena a total of 2 times

And that's why the arena was removed from the game.

• @targasbr said in Sea Dogs idea:

@dumbbuddy2 disse em Sea Dogs idea:

That was the excuse they gave us.

They released Arena and it wasn't an instant hit. Instead of trying to fix it, they threw it aside and left it as some rotting corpse in the corner.

Servers did fill up. People could play games. It just took a little while (5-10mins) which was fine provided the games were 15 minutes long.

And anyway what did they achieve boy removing it? Absolutely nothing.

"We needed to use the resources elsewhere", yeah right. Season 6 was an absolute mess. The 'content' was just the same fort pasted 6 times over with minor changes, Rubber-banding, skeleton ships broke and we didn't even get new cosmetics for the commendations.

What did you need those resources for? If you needed to cut stuff, why not cut stuff we REALLY don't need like...hmmm...I don't know...The Plunder Pass?!?!? That seems to be released in perfect working order without fail. I though the seasons thing was supposed to improve updates. They've just gotten worse!

How can an update where more stuff is removed than added manage to break the game?

#BringBackArena

Come on guys you're better than this!

• @ottyman8687 disse em Sea Dogs idea:

@targasbr said in Sea Dogs idea:

@dumbbuddy2 disse em Sea Dogs idea:

That was the excuse they gave us.

They released Arena and it wasn't an instant hit. Instead of trying to fix it, they threw it aside and left it as some rotting corpse in the corner.

Servers did fill up. People could play games. It just took a little while (5-10mins) which was fine provided the games were 15 minutes long.

And anyway what did they achieve boy removing it? Absolutely nothing.

"We needed to use the resources elsewhere", yeah right. Season 6 was an absolute mess. The 'content' was just the same fort pasted 6 times over with minor changes, Rubber-banding, skeleton ships broke and we didn't even get new cosmetics for the commendations.

What did you need those resources for? If you needed to cut stuff, why not cut stuff we REALLY don't need like...hmmm...I don't know...The Plunder Pass?!?!? That seems to be released in perfect working order without fail. I though the seasons thing was supposed to improve updates. They've just gotten worse!

How can an update where more stuff is removed than added manage to break the game?

#BringBackArena

Come on guys you're better than this!

They made the arena and soon after tried it with version 2.0 but the community didn't play.

The Sea of ​​Thieves community doesn't like PvP. The community thinks it's wrong to play a pirate game and thinks that raising a PvP flag and running through an hour of battles is "strategy".

It's not worth investing resources in a game mode that only a small portion of the community plays, and this small portion of the community didn't add anything to the game, it was the people who only came in to play TDM and spawncamp with the excuse of farming weapons .

Rare may not have given Arena the attention it deserved, but the community was responsible for killing the game mode once and for all.

• @targasbr That’s more of an opinion, than anything else. Most TDM’ers I encountered and TDM’ed against were very polite and nice. They did it for fun and didn’t want others ruining it, hence the spawn camp. People should’ve just accepted the free wins or the PvP practice. Neither of them hurt them and, unless they tried to posture and fire cannons, they wouldn’t be camped.
    There were the fake TDM’ers, though. Those who used swords or were farming kills. I’ve encountered them before and also put them in their place when they tried to camp me. It’s very easy to tell apart the real and the fake… or it was.
    Arena had so much potential that was squandered by a lack of development. My friend and I always used to joke about there being one Rare employee who kept the Arena up and when he brought it up with the rest of Rare, they would go, “Arena? What’s that?”
    Well, there it went without a second thought.

The ship sets were nice though. 🙂

• @scurvywoof disse em Sea Dogs idea:

@targasbr That’s more of an opinion, than anything else. Most TDM’ers I encountered and TDM’ed against were very polite and nice. They did it for fun and didn’t want others ruining it, hence the spawn camp. People should’ve just accepted the free wins or the PvP practice. Neither of them hurt them and, unless they tried to posture and fire cannons, they wouldn’t be camped.
    There were the fake TDM’ers, though. Those who used swords or were farming kills. I’ve encountered them before and also put them in their place when they tried to camp me. It’s very easy to tell apart the real and the fake… or it was.
    Arena had so much potential that was squandered by a lack of development. My friend and I always used to joke about there being one Rare employee who kept the Arena up and when he brought it up with the rest of Rare, they would go, “Arena? What’s that?”
    Well, there it went without a second thought.

The ship sets were nice though. 🙂

I speak for the Brazilian community, on the SA servers, I can't say in other countries. Anyway, inventing a game mode that simply doesn't exist and forcing anyone who wants to play the game the way it was created to be played is wrong.

I loved Arena, I loved what communities like NAL and SOC did, but unfortunately almost no one wanted to play Arena the way it was meant to be played. It seemed like a real child's game where the loser ended up inventing rules that didn't exist before to justify the defeat.

Rare could have done better, but the community is just as much to blame as the company.

• @dumbbuddy2
    I've seen a few different ideas for this as well as one I had myself. I hope it's something Rare is at least considering.

I wouldn't want the sea dogs to step on the toes of the reapers, neither would I want the reapers to change. Some people see the reapers as a pvp faction, and while it can be used that way, pvp isn't necessary. It encourages pvp by broadcasting the ships location, providing a single turn in point, and reducing rep and emissary grade earned from nonstolen treasure, but weather it's desired or not, pvp is more likely and more rewarding. So I see it as a risk/reward faction that utilizes pvp.

I would make the sea dogs pure pvp. That would leave reapers as an alternative for different styles of play or even something to compliment the sea dogs. The emissary flag for the sea dogs would sit in the same spot as the offer alliance pennant to prevent any alliances, and allow the sea dogs emissary to be raised along with any of the other emissaries.

No treasure would be turned into the sea dogs except for the sea dog chest, which is only spawned by sinking a sea dog emissary. It's value would be determined by the amount of silver the crew had accumulated before sinking.

Silver would be earned through combat with other sea dog emissaries only. This would prevent sea dog crews from harassing every ship they see and only really be after other crews that also want to fight.

Balancing the sea dog emissary this way creates something that only rewards pvp combat. Treasure doesn't matter, so crews can't avoid pvp while still progressing like reapers can. You have to engage in combat with other sea dog emissaries and with the ultimate goal of sinking your opponent, or you gain nothing. Every sea dog will want kills, cannon hits, and sinks, and they will all naturally compete against each other to achieve this.

For the pvper, this gives a more reliable way of finding pvp, and I believe it will help with reducing the number of those encounters turning toxic. The crew doing voyages that wants to be left alone won't be a viable target for a sea dog and might be spared more often, while the people that do want to fight will be sending a clear message server wide. Reapers might still run, but you know any sea dog emissaries you see will fight.

• @ottyman8687 I feel like you might need to take a step back and chill out. Not everything is a conspiracy theory, and they won’t be bringing back Arena anytime soon.

And they lied to us? On what basis? You don’t work at Rare so why should your reasoning on the matter be more true than Rare’s?

• Getting back on track with the OP original post.

I sounds fine.
    Maybe if they release different voyages for Sea Dogs to do and only do, while also making them the fighters against Reapers.

• If a Sea Dog emissary sinks a Reaper ship, they gain a big grade/Rep increase. (either)
    • They can still turn loot in but similar to Reaper, it wont do much.
    • A must would have the Sea Dogs do special voyages that only they can do. Like fight another Sea Dog wearing emissary or sink Reaper ships.

But that just my two cents.

• @Ottyman8687 i think you are right, they lied about resources. They ruined season 6.

• @testakleze

I love your idea on having the emissary flag be over the alliance flag - not allowing alliances. Really the chefs kiss on that

I also like your idea on the silver - I think they could accomplish this by using marks on your flag : a mark = a ship sunk (allowing rare to avoid adding a 4th currency). Picking up a flag with 5 marks on it indicating you sunk a ship that sunk 5 others. But hey, either way would work!

The mark system would only be in regards to sea dogs as well as it would not be limited to 5 marks.

I also agree that with this topic we don’t want to take anything away from reapers. But I think that only allowing progress for sea dog by defeating other sea dogs and reapers would work better as I feel that finding a sever with another sea dog would be few and far between.

For sinking non reapers/sea dog ships, players would still be able to hunt them down but maybe incorporating a negative consequence would limit/ discourage players from doing so. Perhaps lowering the rank.

• @timedsatyr79799 said in Sea Dogs idea:

@Ottyman8687 i think you are right, they lied about resources. They ruined season 6.

I’m not sure what the both of you are talking about in regards to rare lying. But truthfully they probably just needed the servers dedicated to arena for the actual game because of the rise of new players. Whether rare communicated this or not is a completely different topic. And season 6 is looking to be one of the greatest updates in SoT with the PL adventure coming on April 21st.

Views
just for funfeedbackcompetition
1 out of 14