My Idea of a Monkey Island Crossover Trailer

• During nighttime, Larinna is sitting down drinking grog while listening to a shipwrecked pirate who had just arrived in the Sea of Thieves on his honeymoon with his wife, Elaine, to search for an ancient treasure in a lost jungle, but were separated due to a surprise attack by a voodoo zombie pirate named LeChuck, he explains the undead captain kidnapped his lover and asks Larinna for help from any pirates to save her and stop his nemesis from whatever he has planned in the Sea of Thieves. Larinna agrees to hire some help only if the man would tell her his name, which he states, Guybrush Threepwood.

Views
    feedbackstory & lore
  • @impymidna2303 anything for a monkey Island tall tale

• I would love if they had as well all the goofy challenge from monkey island like: spit challenge, log trow or swear duel

• I would love some Monkey Island themed events/adventures/...

BUT, that is owned by the mighty Disney Corporation, and although Rare has worked with them in the second (big) Tall Tale batch (Pirates of the Caribbean (and the small Monkey Island thing)), i wonder if they will allow further exploitation of the franchise. Rare would probably need to negotiate a new deal, and Disney do like money... so...

• @ghostfire1981 said in My Idea of a Monkey Island Crossover Trailer:

I would love some Monkey Island themed events/adventures/...

BUT, that is owned by the mighty Disney Corporation, and although Rare has worked with them in the second (big) Tall Tale batch (Pirates of the Caribbean (and the small Monkey Island thing)), i wonder if they will allow further exploitation of the franchise. Rare would probably need to negotiate a new deal, and Disney do like money... so...

There has already been a Monkey Island crossover, so IMO, I think this new deal you speak of, was already made when they negotiated the 1st deal. If you think that PotC was the only thing they negotiated, then I think it would have been a missed opportunity. Besides, we have already seen numerous signs also pointing to Peter Pan, which is also a Disney property, so I think that negotiating for only 1 property is a bit narrow-minded.

And yes, I would like to see more of both Monkey Island, and the pirates from Peter Pan. The OP's example, is fine, but seems a bit too simple for my taste...

Views
feedbackstory & lore
1 out of 5