Increase emissary level cap to 100

• I been playing a decent amount of sea of thieves. and I have realized, (although there is always a lot more awesome and action packed content on its way) some of the sea of thieves grinds on the base game can be abit to easy. However I understand that adding an extra 25 levels might be daunting for new players at times.I think it’s a step
    In the right direction to increasing the grind for more experienced players to work towards. Maybe there can be a special reward for someone who gets all their emissary’s to level 100.I just think it will be awesome to have a little bit more to grind for in sea of thieves. I know a lot of people share the same opinion as me.Hope this is helpful

Views
    feedbackgeneralcommunityjust for funstory & lore
  • @legend230707 I just correct you here...it's faction levels you talk about...there is no such thing as emissary levels, just the emissary rank bonus and the emissary ledger...

Now for your suggestion: level cap increase, just to increase it, NO! Give us new voyages/events/cosmetics for each faction and increase the level cap with that, ok...

But I'd prefer to just get new stuff and keep the level cap where it is

• @schwammlgott
    Lol I thought it’s better to call them factions. I do agree,What I’m trying to get across is something along the lines of increasing the Factions grind or just giving Experienced players something more to work too.your idea of having different rewards is a good one tho.

• They will when there is something new to do. Check the roadmap for hints on when that might happen.

• Be cool if they added another layer on to the factions where you can only level from 75-100 by having an emissary flag. Without one, selling to that faction doesn't provide any rep. Lets get more emissaries on the servers again please.

• Why even have a cap at all?

Just let us go forever

• @legend230707

That would be hard to always chase a cap... especially if there are rewards tied to it, even cosmetics.

I may be wrong but I feel like the Emissary system they put in was to deal with this in another way... it's a ladder system, and it has progression (albeit time gated) but without numbers or an expectation, I think its more new-player friendly.

Increasing the level cap is always a controversial choice, partially for the new player reason.

• I would want rewards to go for if the level cap gets increased. I wouldn’t want them to make it higher without a reason to.

• @a10dr750
    That sounds like a very good idea ngl

• @lethality1
    Yeah I also touched on that. That is the problem when you look on this. i just hope sea of thieves adds a little bit more of a grind for smthn

• @a10dr750 said in Increase emissary level cap to 100:

Be cool if they added another layer on to the factions where you can only level from 75-100 by having an emissary flag. Without one, selling to that faction doesn't provide any rep. Lets get more emissaries on the servers again please.

That...is an interesting take on a Level Cap Increase tactic. There should still be new Titles and possibly some new Cosmetics to acquire as you plug along doing this, but the facet of "Top Tier" members of Factions being encouraged to take on more Risk for more Reward with the Faction is interesting.

On the flip side, the Emissary system is meant to be an optional Risk/Reward system, so having the Factions eventually essentially require you to fly that banner to keep moving forward sort of goes against that philosophy. That alone is probably a deal breaker for some in the community.

So I am really not sure here. My gut is telling me it is probably not too great, but I still can't help but be intrigued by it.

• Increasing level caps for the sake of it is pretty pointless. We'll just see people asking for an increase to 150, 200, whatever in about 6 months.

I'd be way more in support of a prestige system if it's done right. That way we don't have to hear people asking for the ability to watch the numbers go up anymore... because they'll go up forever!

But really, if they just did a huge overhaul on the Emissary Ledgers and rewards, that would be the best solution.

• @a10dr750 said in Increase emissary level cap to 100:

Be cool if they added another layer on to the factions where you can only level from 75-100 by having an emissary flag. Without one, selling to that faction doesn't provide any rep. Lets get more emissaries on the servers again please.

That's actually a pretty cool idea. In order to prove you are the most dedicated members to the company you must raise their emissary to gain level. I think that would realy boost the amount of emissaries we see.

• Get rid of the faction cap completely let us go on forever.

Views
feedbackgeneralcommunityjust for funstory & lore
13 out of 14