Hi there!

• Hi,

I'm new to this game, but I'm quite an old gamer (have memories of 80's computer games like Defender of the Throne or Barbarians :p)
    Not much to say on myself, except I like spending time on good (and funny) games :)

Views
  • Get off my lawn!!!!

The role of old grumpy millennial hipster hating boomer has already been taken!

• @glannigan Let's be honest... there's a few of you...

I won't name you all because @PersonalC0ffee might get upset with me ;)

• Hello, and welcome.
    Im a 40 something pirate myself. Spent way too much time of my youth with my Commodore 64 and later Amiga500, so im also a connoisseur of older games. :)

• @musicmee How many of us grumpy old types could there possibly be?

• @glannigan Don't worry about your lawn; I spend more time on (my) water... And I let you grump around, I'll have more time for something else more interesting (like grumbling and growling).

@Ghostfire1981 C=64 rocks

@Musicmee & @PersonalC0ffee If you don't want to mess your time with numbers, I advice you to use ONS (Orcish Numbering System): one, two, more, a lot, too much.

• @razzorkhan said in Hi there!:

@glannigan Don't worry about your lawn; I spend more time on (my) water... And I let you grump around, I'll have more time for something else more interesting (like grumbling and growling).

@Ghostfire1981 C=64 rocks

@Musicmee & @PersonalC0ffee If you don't want to mess your time with numbers, I advice you to use ONS (Orcish Numbering System): one, two, more, a lot, too much.

one, two, few, more, several, a lot, too much?

• @personalc0ffee
    This is an RPG (the one with paper sheets and dices) joke.

When Orcs come back to the camp after pillaging an Elf village, they report to the chief.

He asks the Orcs how many Elves they found.
    If they answer one, two or more, the expedition was successful, and all members shall ave returned healthy (with scars, but as you know, Orcs like scars).
    If the answer is 'a lot', some members (and/or limbs) may miss, and the expedition result is uncertain.
    If it is 'too much', the expedition did not succeed. (Eventually, only one member would have returned (without one or two limbs), and the Orcs may have won a situation with the Elves.)

• @razzorkhan said in Hi there!:

@personalc0ffee
    This is an RPG (the one with paper sheets and dices) joke.

When Orcs come back to the camp after pillaging an Elf village, they report to the chief.

He asks the Orcs how many Elves they found.
    If they answer one, two or more, the expedition was successful, and all members shall ave returned healthy (with scars, but as you know, Orcs like scars).
    If the answer is 'a lot', some members (and/or limbs) may miss, and the expedition result is uncertain.
    If it is 'too much', the expedition did not succeed. (Eventually, only one member would have returned (without one or two limbs), and the Orcs may have won a situation with the Elves.)

Ah, I haven't played paper and pen rpg games so it went right over my head like a cannonball.

Views
1 out of 9