Sword buff is way too op

• Is Rare serious right now? They have buffed the sword once again? So now players cannot ADS when a sword is stun locking you. Like what is Rare thinking? DO THEY REALLY THINK ITS GOING TO HELP NEW PLAYERS TO HAVE A FAIR ADVANTAGE?

Firstly, I know the reason why Sea Of Thieves keeps on buffing the sword is because you have no new players joining the game due to them having a lack of experience and getting sunk constantly. And the thing is the new players keep on complaining how double gunning is op. But you wanna know something? You won’t have any new players joining even with a buffed sword because now instead of double gunning which takes skill because you have limited ammo and you have to have good aim. Now everyone player will use the sword and sword spam new players which are less experience, and you know what will happen? THE NEW PLAYERS WILL COMPLAIN THAT THE SWORD IS TOO OP.

Rare is forcing players to play the game a certain way by buffing the sword. Majority of good and experience players don’t want to use sword we want to double gun but WE CANT BECAUSE THE SWORD IS SOOOOOOO OP WITH ITS STUN LOCK AND NOW IT MAKES IT SO YOU CANT ADS. AND YOU GUYS DIDN’T ADD THAT IN THE PATCH NOTES BECAUSE YOU KNOW THAT IT WILL OUTRAGE THE PVP COMMUNITY.

I swear if the sword gets one more buff, I’m no longer playing the game and a lot of other people will stop too. Rare is going to end up like Epic Games having to apologise to the community because they are ruining such a good game.

If Rare really wants Sea Of Thieves to last and not die off I would HIGHLY suggest fixing hitreg ASAP and simply nerfing the sword by removing stun lock that is all that is needed and u know what? New players will complain but I guarantee you 80% of those players within 3 months of playing the game will have stopped playing it or uninstall it you guys really should focus on the OG players which have stuck around because we (I have 50 days played) know what’s better for the game than a brand new pirate who complains about everything. And to any sword lovers who are going to comment, “tHaTS uR FAulT fOR NoT KEePiNG Ur dIStaNcE oR HAviNG a CLoSE rANgE WeAPoN.” WHAT IF YOUE BOARDING A SLOOP HUH? what could you possibly do then? Well you know what you can’t possibly kill someone with a pistol and sniper unless you can 2 tap them with insane accuracy when boarding but guess what there is also another player and there is no way if you were boarding that you could 2 tap one of them and then reload and then 2 tap the other pirate. And now you can’t even one blunder anyone anymore because it’s almost 100% RNG because you can’t ADS and the blunderbuss already had bad RNG when aiming down now that you have to no scope with the blunderbuss just makes it 10x times harder to one shot someone. So basically unless you use a sword or verse really bad players you can’t win.

Hope this informal reality check will be listened to. I’m not trying to be rude or offensive, I’m just stating the facts because I love this game and I would hate to see it fall off due to ridiculous reasons.

Kind regards MrStealUrMum704.

Views
    communityfeedbackgeneralcompetition
  • This post reeks of the stereotypical elitist PvPer who hates the slashy slashy, but loves the double bang bang.

Also, ever heard of Blunder bombs? They are pretty effective at knocking away sword users or ladder guarders.

Also I am a older player and have been supporting this game for a while now. Rare changing the meta isn't gonna kill the game.

• @mrstealurmum704 As there has already been a number of threads on this exact subject (here and here), I'll be dropping anchor on this one.

If you wish to discuss a subject, try contributing to an active Thread on the matter, rather than creating another.

Views
communityfeedbackgeneralcompetition
2 out of 3