ships

• Enter ship models that were different from the standard models. In this case, do not need to change the size of the ships. It would be cool to have 2-3 varieties of galleons, brigs and sloops. They could be changed in the ship's shop after entering the server as we change skins. In tails we saw cool models of galleons such as the black pearl and Dutch ghost galleons. Or enter customization of ship parts separately: front, captain's quarters, and so on.

Views
  • This is a thing that has been suggested before and I think it may come to the game at some point.

However, it needs a lot of balance because every ship model would have a certain hitbox and spots in where they would be overpowered in comparison with other models.

• @capt-pilotes I believe the possibility of customization will allow players not only to enjoy the atmosphere of the game, but also to get some sense to play and get more gold. At the moment it is very sad to see that the developers are adding a beautiful skin (black pearl) but it is absolutely not compatible with the galleon type. But in the tail we can understand that they have an idea of the correct form.

• Something like this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/nzl7hm/what_i_wanted_on_this_update_credit_to/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

• @talvheet exactly

• I agree, it would be nice to have variant styles.

• You can have w/e you want as long as it is cosmetic only and does not affect gameplay balancing.

• Ive been thinking of suggesting the same thing. It would be awesome to have more layouts available, it would add a lot of variety to the seas and probably interesting new strategies for boarding pvp.

• How about a dinghy?

• We now have 3 rowboat variants(plain, harpoon and cannon).

• How about a viking ship with shields on the sides?

Easier said than done.

• @joshcraftworld6 I presume you mean a one person ship, which rare has said no to as they want people to play together, despite most players playing solo and open crew being terrible.

I'm not saying rare have the wrong opinion, but it is annoying how they don't seem to do much to promote a team based playstyle.

• @personalc0ffee
    Balancing? On adventure?
    Where I'm in a solo sloop being chased by 3 reaper galleons in an alliance?
    Balancing seems secondary on adventure. Keep that for the arena.

• Okay! Here is an idea . . .

For anyone out there who is a pirates of the caribbean fan and has watched dead men tell no tales, do you remember the scene The Dying Gull.
    Well, I think that this scene would be an awesome implimentation into the start of the game.

Another idea is the ability to beach your ship.

• @joshcraftworld6 this is an absolutely new size of ship . This is out of the question

• I wouldn't mind seeing some general variants of Ship Sizes that still maintained the general balance of the existing Ships. You basically have a slightly different layout/configuration but same Sails, Canons, Interaction Speeds, etc. So, say something like:

• Cutter: Sloop variation that uses a flat deck style in similar fashion to the Brigantine rather than the split deck style of the current Sloop.
    • Schooner: Brigantine variation that uses a raised Helm that has the Captain's Quarters located below it sort of like the Galleon.
    • Frigate: Galleon variation that uses a flat deck style in similar fashion to the Brigantine rather than a raised Helm over the Captain's Quarters (Captain's Quarters could instead be in the middeck somewhere)

Along with this you could do an assortment of cosmetic modifications around them, and maybe adjust the layouts moderately so that there are six similar but still different Ships that could be out on the Seas. You would be able to swap the type within your current size category at a Shipwright during the play session itself since it would be mostly a cosmetic thing (though depending on details, might still require Scuttling your current vessel and spawning in the new variant).

But it would be nice to have at least a little more variety out there.

• @redeyesith galleon type as a black pearl with the same hit box for 3-4 people at least xD

• @talvheet said in ships:

@personalc0ffee
    Balancing? On adventure?
    Where I'm in a solo sloop being chased by 3 reaper galleons in an alliance?
    Balancing seems secondary on adventure. Keep that for the arena.

There is no arena anymore. It is no longer developed. It will eventually stale and die.

• @bluffhornet2949 https://youtu.be/L1WM1gamRWk

• @talvheet said in ships:

There is no arena anymore. It is no longer developed. It will eventually stale and die.

Particularly as they insist in keeping both modes which splits that player base further, instead of cutting one to consolidate all the players into.

• @redeyesith
    Would love to have a 2 player ship styled like the brig.
    I hate the sloop.

Views
1 out of 21