I was having a weird lag/freezing issue, and was wondering if anyone could help?

• So, the issue has been that whenever I'm in SoT it...stutters or something, and freezes up. Sometimes it eventually goes back to normal, but then its just a matter of time until it freezes again. The weird part is that, if I tab out somehow, like using the windows key (as shown in the video, when the game seems to be unfrozen is when I hit the windows key, you can tell by the fish in the corner), it works perfectly fine, and runs normally. Anyone have this before? the video

Views
  • That issue seems related to the machine or the graphic card you are using.

• @metal-ravage I would think the same, except i've been able to play SoT perfectly, even during this season, and no other games I play share this issue.

• @blazeikinman735 Do you have the latest update? Sometimes reinstalling the game works.

• @metal-ravage I tried that, still didn't work. Its a really weird issue. When I could actually get into the game, my friend experienced no issues at all.

• @blazeikinman735 Try to close other programs running on the background, that might help.

• @metal-ravage It doesn't

• i have this issue as well, have had this issue since last month. I have an rtx 3060 ti and i have SoT on windows store. I seem to have this issue on all games on windows store, for example, Halo Infinite. The issue is the same here, but i manage to fix it by turning on the game's vsync option and setting the maximum frame rate to 60 (but it still freezes sometimes). I built this PC in february 27 so i dont think it is my pc.

edit: i fixed it!! What you need to do is to hit win + x and go to device manager, go to display adapters, and uninstall whichever display adapter you are using (i.e. RTX 3060 ti). This will uninstall your graphics drivers. Then what you need to do is restart your computer, and lastly reinstall your drivers. From there it should be all normal. Hope this helps!

Views
6 out of 8