Capture a Code (UNOFFICIAL) Community Competition. Your Best 'Fun with a Pumpkin' Screenshot. [RESULTS]

• Ahoy! After much deliberation it is decided that @tweenty7even wins last weeks loot.

Well done me matey!

Special mentions to @SoulSurvivor386 and @CQuence-X It was a tough choice this week.

Well done everyone and thank you for supporting this competition.

Views
  • Really I don't understand . They win the prize with the same things. I think everyone can be winner by taking ashen chests and making somethings.

• Congrats @tweenty7even !

• Yay! Congrats! 😪

• @manchot1439 if you check previous comp winners you will see a whole host of different types of screenshots from extravagant to simple or silly, making your comment a moot point. :)
    Everyone who enters has a chance to win regardless of how much time is taken to produce a screenshot.
    They are all a pleasure to scroll through. ❤️❤️

• Thanks! 🍍14 hour work.

• I assume @manchot1439 's point is that it seems weird that you can just win by grabbing loot and spreading it out to form a shape instead of using the actual themed items.

''As there are many pumpkins scattered across the Sea of Thieves at the moment, let's see what you lubbers can come up with :)'' This is from the competition description.

You identify that there are Pumpkins on the map such as on the taverns, yet the winner is another loot spread that doesn't incorporate the fact that there are pumpkins on the map. You could make that Lootspread at any time but you could only take a picture with pumpkins on Halloween, making them more unique. Like why even specify that there are now pumpkins on the map if you're gonna pick a winner that doesn't even use it. Same happened with the Banana in the Rain screenshot, people trying to figure out ways to use a Banana in a creative way, and then the winner is just grabbing yellow loot items and making a funny banana on the floor, bypassing the need to even have a Banana in the shot.

That's not to say that it doesn't technically fit the theme, its just really uninventive.

• In a photo or screenshots competition, it is very strange that the winner is a sculpture. For example, in a real-life photo competition that the theme is "Happy Women " would the winner be the one who took the best photo of a real woman? Or would the winner be the one who took a photo of another work of art, like, for exemple, a photo of the statue of Venus de Milo or photo of the Monalisa painting? Even if it is the winner himself who made the sculpture, the focus is surely on the sculpture, not the screnshot. Taking pictures is one art, making sculptures is another, the competition was for screenshots. The theme was "Fun with a Pumpkin", I saw a lot of extremely creative photos that play with perspective by making the pirate look very small on top of the pumpkin, I saw a guy using the figurehead to make it look like his head is huge, a cat inside a pumpkin, a bunch of pirates with pumpkin head skins, which was a great photo, and even a dog urinating on a pumpkin. All of this fit into the "FUN with a Pumpkin" theme. A sculpture made with chests literally does not fit the "FUN" theme. If you look at this picture in isolation and out of context, you don't even recognize that it is a pumpkin, just the Sea of Thieves symbol. He didn't even need to have a bunch of pumpkins scattered around the outposts for halloween, he could do it any time of the year. It is off-topic because it is not FUN and the focus is not on the photo itself, but on the sculpture. It seems to me that creativity, inventiveness in taking screnshots, framing, best angle, lighting, etc, resources that are used to take pictures, are irrelevant. I'm not saying that the winner didn't do a good job, it was fantastic, but it definitely wasn't a good screnshot, and it didn't fit the theme "FUN". But it was an excellent sculpture!

• I've been trying for this contest for over 7 months. That's almost 30 different screenshots that I thought where very awesome. And others upvoted and did as well. Just saying, I've been trying, but usually lose out to someone doing something with crates/loot/chests/etc. I've been working on completing my ship for a total of 2 and a half years, and going a bit nuts trying to do as good as most of the team players and younger gens. that understand these photo apps and cameras better than I do, and yet, I still try. Really don't mean any disrespect, but sometimes I feel like my photos get overlooked or I'm not known as well as other pirates and feel like that may play a partin not winning, but yet, I keep trying. I again apologize for the burst of feelings, but I recently lost my dog of 16 years last weekend, and also lost my Sir Kevin Charles exactly 6months ago, so it's been rough here. Could use a win soon. ✌️❤️🍻

• @frogfish12
    There is only one winner and unfortunately most weeks there are lots of screenshots all worthy of winning. I have to choose, not an easy task by any means, but I choose sometimes what I like, or makes me laugh, or takes a lot of time to produce, or is unique, or is simple, the list goes on.
    So I am sorry that some of you haven’t won the one thing you’ve been wanting.
    I don’t really have to explain myself other than, everyone who enters has the chance to win.
    Cheers.

Views
13 out of 14