Option to be able to change the flag via the Ship Customization Chest - Idea/thoughts

• Ahoy,

I myself rarely take the out flag, this is mainly because you have to go to the crow's nest after every session. Wouldn't it be better to also be able to change the flag in the Ship Customization Chest instead of just in the Ship Flag Box?

I know that the "real" feeling might go away if you don't have to go to the crow's nest anymore to change the flag, but I don't think this will be the case, because while sailing you still have to go to your crow's nest if you want to change the flag or want to make an alliance, I think the feeling of going to your crow's nest will remain.

I'm curious if you guys think this is a good idea or not.

Views
    feedback
  • I suggested this weeks ago and was met with push back. I see no reason we can not do this for customization skins only.

I imagine it is tied to the flag box and alliance system right now but who knows.

I would eventually like to see this, every time I forget to put up a flag because it is not accessible from the shipwright chest.

• Having a flag box with it not being tied to the shipwright allows you to change it on the fly out at sea.

• If this was to happen, I think it'd make more sense (and clutter the chest a little less) if Shipwrights just had a separate Flag Box.

Anyway, I'm honestly not sure. I think some kind of "You have no flag" reminder might also work to serve a similar purpose and I would kinda miss that tactile feeling of setting up your ship.

Alternatively, they could just skip the process by having cosmetic presets, which I think would be a more than excusable reason to start in sessions with a flag already raised.

• @galactic-geek said in Option to be able to change the flag via the Ship Customization Chest - Idea/thoughts:

Having a flag box with it not being tied to the shipwright allows you to change it on the fly out at sea.

While I agree that the flag box shouldn’t change Rare can still add the option to change the flag from the ships customization chest. Half the time I don’t put up a flag because I’m too lazy to climb the mast.

• extra options for cosmetics are generally fine with me

doesn't hurt anything for anyone else and is purely QoL for the individual

seems fine to me

• @galactic-geek said in Option to be able to change the flag via the Ship Customization Chest - Idea/thoughts:

Having a flag box with it not being tied to the shipwright allows you to change it on the fly out at sea.

Why not both?

I don't even bother buying the flags from sets because I know I won't use them.

• @coffeelight5545 said in Option to be able to change the flag via the Ship Customization Chest - Idea/thoughts:

@galactic-geek said in Option to be able to change the flag via the Ship Customization Chest - Idea/thoughts:

While I agree that the flag box shouldn’t change Rare can still add the option to change the flag from the ships customization chest. Half the time I don’t put up a flag because I’m too lazy to climb the mast.

Well, you being lazy is your problem isn't it? Perhaps you should fix that instead?

• I think climbing into the mast to set your flag is also a great opportunity to look around to see something (or someone) is close or just to get a good look in the vicinity.

@coffeelight5545 said in Option to be able to change the flag via the Ship Customization Chest - Idea/thoughts:

@galactic-geek said in Option to be able to change the flag via the Ship Customization Chest - Idea/thoughts:

Well, you being lazy is your problem isn't it? Perhaps you should fix that instead?

that could be said about pretty much everything related to QoL

as long as it's not negatively impacting another's experience or interfering with the session it doesn't hurt as an option

lazy/impatient is an issue when it directly impacts the environment but stuff like this doesn't.

pretty reasonable to think this would increase the use of one of the least used cosmetics and that's an alright thing

• I’d be down, be easier when taking screenshots of full ship sets that’s for sure.
    I’d also love if they move flares to the last option instead of having them before capstans.

• This seems like a reasonable thing to do, so long as they keep the flag box in the Crows Nest too, but I can't think of any good reason why it couldn't also be a tab at the Shipwright as well when setting up there.

So yea, hope they do it just for the QoL factor.

• I'm actually in favor of this since it makes sense that when I pick my ship set I pick my flag, since the flag is always a part of my set design. In other words I always fly the flag that best fits my ship set design.

BUT......it only takes 10 seconds to change your flag and it's just part of the daily start-up routine.

• As long as the flag box is also still accessible on the ship then this would be a good QoL addition.

Views
feedback
3 out of 14