Suggestion: For Tall Tale adventurers...

• I was hoping the RARE DEVs would consider adding a bright Blue Tall Tales Flag and have it hoist automatically when a crew is doing Tall Tales and automatically lower when that tall tale is completed? Make it recognizable so players know what that ship is doing. Most players will let those who are on a tall tale enjoy the lore and adventures, but only after boarding the ship and risking an unfortunate misunderstanding. I realize that it wouldn't be a guarantee that some pirate baddies wouldn't attack, But I have had a lot of players apologize and let me continue my tall tales after they've checked my voyage table. Do you think this may help new players and those who help them?

Views
  • What would stop a crew from starting a tall tale and using that flag as a ruse to be able to surprise attack someone?

• @karmicxkoala1 said in Suggestion: For Tall Tale adventurers...:

What would stop a crew from starting a tall tale and using that flag as a ruse to be able to surprise attack someone?

Nothing i guess, but like a lot of those on tall tales, they really have nothing the tall tales gives them of any real value to anyone else, and if any bad pirates want to sink them, they will anyway. This was just something to consider because Most players will let them enjoy the tall tales if they know they are on one.

• Right, but the problem comes from a ship who isn't actually doing the tale, but they start one so people will think they aren't a threat

• @karmicxkoala1 Actually, I don't think that's a problem. You can already achieve the same effect with a white flag or an alliance flag, and besides, someone doing a real tall tale won't really approach your ship.
    It it would be easy to tell if they were really doing a tall tale or not based on their behavior, as long as you're observant.

• We already have a ton of flags available and most people ignore them because of false flags. I don't see how adding another one is going to make any difference.

• Thank you all for your thoughts.
    cheers!

• I love this idea. Since I think players could abuse this and just constantly fly this flag perhaps any loot you find while flying it won’t earn you any coin/rep for cashing it it. Even if you lower the flag, anything you found and brought onto your ship is rendered worthless.

• I've always liked the idea of having a dedicated flag for TTs (I picture a flag with the image of a book on it), but not mechanically speaking.

• @zzombiechipmunk
    @Galacticgeek
    Thank you both. I've noticed that a great percentage of this game is centered on all pirates banding together and sharing adventures together; from the GlitterBeard quest to Alliances; From working on commendations earned together only as a team comprised of two or more crews, to completing other elements in the past and upcoming Seasons. Of course, there are the players that enjoy the challenge of the interactions with other pirates, and that also is one core element of this game. There are so many pirates that want others to enjoy this beautiful game and share their adventures; whether that be the Lore of the Tall Tales, or Battling it out with your crew on the high seas. That is why I believe that if there was such a unique Tall Tale flag, It gives players (when approaching a ship with this flag) a choice to let those on a tall tale enjoy the Lore of Sea of Thieves; new and seasoned, and a chance to discover or revisit the Lore of the Seas of Thieves. and yes, there are those who can and will abuse this, but that is why I love the idea of no gold /Reputation reward (stolen or not) if they choose this path zZombie
    And I would love to see the Tall Tale book lit up in a Blue lighted flag (like the flag of the reaper's mark)
    Thank you both for your comments!
    Cheers!

• Yeah, I see what you're going for but I don't know about mechanics for it. Usually if I'm doing tall tales and another ship approaches, I point my cannons to the sky and announce that I'm doing tall tales, and that they're welcome to come over and take any loot or supplies I might have acquired

• @karmicxkoala1 said in Suggestion: For Tall Tale adventurers...:

Yeah, I see what you're going for but I don't know about mechanics for it. Usually if I'm doing tall tales and another ship approaches, I point my cannons to the sky and announce that I'm doing tall tales, and that they're welcome to come over and take any loot or supplies I might have acquired

Well, I've had more than a couple of them put 8 holes in my ship, then take my supplies without even boarding my ship to find out what was doing :)

• i don't say it's a bad idea , but , ...we are Pirates , so don't be amazed if people will hoist that flag to hoard alot of treasure without becoming attacked, without doing a Tall Tale , or ... a bit worse ... Slowly creep up to a crew that thinks that the " Tall Taler " won't pick a fight while they are just that what they are planning all along...

But i'm glad you mentioned that there are a lot of Pirates who put their flintlock in their belt from the moment they have seen a crew is doing a Tall Tale...

Tall Tales needs to be seen Sacred and the Pirates who are participating should be left in Peace , even helped if they ask for it , but never betray anything without being asked .
    Because the Tall Tales are without doubt , the most Beautiful thing you can experience in Story , Riddle , Cinematic and of course , Music...

• @clumsy-george TTs seen as sacred and crews doing them should be left in peace?

Yeah, no that's not going to happen. I could have a boatload of loot from other voyages that I've been doing for hours, and hide it all under the guise of your premise. It would effectively become a free get out of jail card. No place, or voyage, is safe - just be glad that if your TT voyage does get interrupted, that you won't necessarily have to start the whole thing over on account of the checkpoint system in place.

• @galactic-geek

There is no sane Pirate that keeps hoards of treasure on board while doing a Tall Tale ... What you do with your Crew ,is none of my business but when our Crew comes along a ship with lowered sails or anchored is see if what kind of mission they are doing and if they do a Tall Tale , then they are left in peace , and if they spot us we ask if they need help... And if they are not far away of finishing the Tall Tale , we will even guard them...

In this game , there is nothing more game breaking, demotivating than having a Crew steal your Tall Tale stuff ... Yes , Cheniniganning is fun, but breaking some one's Tall Tale ,simply isn't.

• @clumsy-george said in Suggestion: For Tall Tale adventurers...:

@galactic-geek

There is no sane Pirate that keeps hoards of treasure on board while doing a Tall Tale ... What you do with your Crew ,is none of my business but when our Crew comes along a ship with lowered sails or anchored is see if what kind of mission they are doing and if they do a Tall Tale , then they are left in peace , and if they spot us we ask if they need help... And if they are not far away of finishing the Tall Tale , we will even guard them...

In this game , there is nothing more game breaking, demotivating than having a Crew steal your Tall Tale stuff ... Yes , Cheniniganning is fun, but breaking some one's Tall Tale ,simply isn't.

You misunderstand - you're assuming that the TT is the priority; in my example, it's not. It's the diversion.

• @galactic-geek said in Suggestion: For Tall Tale adventurers...:

@clumsy-george said in Suggestion: For Tall Tale adventurers...:

@galactic-geek

You misunderstand - you're assuming that the TT is the priority; in my example, it's not. It's the diversion.

I still like the Idea that if you have loot on your ship and raise a tall tale to deceive others, your loot de-spawns. oooh, SALTY!

• @gipperseadog said in Suggestion: For Tall Tale adventurers...:

@galactic-geek said in Suggestion: For Tall Tale adventurers...:

@clumsy-george said in Suggestion: For Tall Tale adventurers...:

@galactic-geek

I still like the Idea that if you have loot on your ship and raise a tall tale to deceive others, your loot de-spawns. oooh, SALTY!

That only limits how you can choose to play out your pirating adventures. In an open-world, shared sandbox that encourages you to be #BeMorePirate, that's bad...

• @galactic-geek Agreed! Why cant we all just get along! :) I want a sequel "Sea of Friends!" ha!

Views
1 out of 19