The amount of unused cosmetics is kind of frustrating.

• Not only do we see unused cosmetics in every trailer and teaser, but the devs dropped a google drive document containing dozens of new cosmetics a couple years ago. The cosmetics were great and weren’t all just recolors. What are they waiting on? Why don’t we have all this stuff yet? There are more unreleased cosmetics than there are released ones.

Views
  • This is why I have been saying for YEARS that we need a Random option for the cosmetics OTHER THAN clothing and vanity.

• That was datamined info, the devs didn’t drop that. Also it you haven’t noticed, this year has been the best in terms of cosmetics in the entire game’s lifecycle.

Also the devs have said before that just because a cosmetic is on an NPC doesn’t mean that it transfers over to your character well.

• @worm-captain I was told it was dropped by a dev around Christmas, so sorry for the misinformation! However, most of the cosmetics in ghat drop are re-colors of previous cosmetics, and/or modeled specifically for out pirates. Almost none of them can be seen on NPCs.

Also, I agree that this year has been great for cosmetics but it’s still frustrating how there’s not nearly enough “normal” clothing. Most of t he new releases are just new colors and super flashy stuff!

• For a game that has only cosmetic progression… they really need longer hairs, more hair with feathers/shells/beads and braids, better makeup, stripped pants… like why do we not have any of the classic pirate striped pants!? More bra options to show off those curses and tattoos, better tattoos… maybe some full leg tattoos… and why do non of the pirates have pear shape bodies.. they’re either really chubby all over or slender with stick legs.

• If they released everything at once, then there'd be no reason to continue sailing.

That said, I do wish they'd keep sets together instead of separating them.

• @zzombiechipmunk couldn’t agree more. I’d also kill to have piercings! But I definitely want longer hairstyles. Both masculine and feminine!

• @galactic-geek they have so many unreleased sets, they could drop 5 sets a season and have enough for the rest of the lifespan of the game

• @worm-captain said in The amount of unused cosmetics is kind of frustrating.:

@galactic-geek they have so many unreleased sets, they could drop 5 sets a season and have enough for the rest of the lifespan of the game

I imagine they have a backlog bigger than we'll likely ever know. They had a 2-year lead development time, so I'm sure they are creating things now that we won't see for a further 2 years

Views
1 out of 9