Release Notes - 2.3.1.1

• Release Notes - 2.3.1.1
    Today's maintenance window is now over and Sea of Thieves is officially back online alongside update 2.3.1.1! Read our release notes to find out more about the fixes and improvements that this build introduces.

Release Notes - 2.3.1.1

LOOKING FOR CREW?
    Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Forums
    Xbox Club
    Verified Discord

Views
  • So instead of fixing sprint cancelling animations like every other game ever (bc it's unbalanced) you're encouraging it? Why even put the animations in? Sprinting should reset the animation not cancel it. You should see how toxic the sd boosting kids doing 'tdm' get when using these animation cancellations on new players. I've had friends quit playing over it. You're encouraging the most toxic part of the community... This is why we can't have nice things

• @cpt-slashed A lot of games actually utilise animation cancelling and sprint cancelling as skill gaps. If anything, Rare are against animation and sprint cancelling. They removed and fixed the animation cancels for bucketing and shovelling, and are working on fixing sprint reloading on the guns. They are not encouraging any section of the community, they are fixing a bug that has been affecting everyone, ask someone and they will talk about how janky and invasive the bucket bug has been the last week or so. The problem was that sprinting was interrupting the buckets function, not the other way around.

• @cpt-slashed so what you’re saying is that in the heat of a battle instead of running from the lower decks to the top to quickly and efficiently get the flooding under control, we should instead casually walk down, scoop the water, and then casually walk back up? If you are going to do it walking that’s completely fine and up to you but two or three tier 3 holes and your ship is gone dude.

• @meroviel thanks for the update matey!

• I can't open the game since this update on my Series S

• After the update, I'm getting the message 'Getting your game ready, this might take a minute or two'...'oops something went wrong'

• @cpt-slashed What makes sprint cancelling unbalanced?

• @illbushido305 are you telling me that we shouldn't rp walk from the main deck on a galleon to the bottom deck to bucket and repair holes? What's wrong with you?🤣

• @silentkiller646 that isn't how they worded it, they made it sound like they put it back to how it was before the other patch. I never have to sprint to bucket cause I don't like galleons so no didn't even notice

@IllBushido305 that's not what I said at all, I simply meant the animation that gets interrupted should be reset, so if you didn't complete the animation for swapping a weapon or equipment it should start over when you stop the sprint, not just disappear like it was never there, nothing to do with walking with a bucket at all...

@Torvic-Is-Santa what makes it unbalanced is that using it with weapons you can 2tap faster than a pirate can dodge, when the game had instant swapping rare patched it for that reason right? Using this is almost as fast as that was, except it isn't only doable with 2 guns you can lunge, swap n sprint almost instantly n hit your opponent before he even lands. I see ppl do it every day on the xbl feed, usually on new players

• It seems I misunderstood what was meant is all, sorry for confusing anyone else along with myself I need sleep o.o

Views
1 out of 11