ICYMI: The Gauntlet + Twitch Drop of Ancestral Cannons (TONIGHT 8pm BST)

• I can't find a tweet about this but it was announced in Discord last week that tonight there's a one-off exclusive Twitch Drop of the Ancestral Cannons (Ori set) during The Gauntlet event on Twitch's Crown channel. Starts at 8pm BST.

(If you haven't already, remember to unlink and relink your Sea of Thieves to Twitch connection. Following changing your Twitch password, which I hope you all did, after the Twitch leak last week the connections will have been reset!)

Image posted from Sea of Thieves Official Discord live-events channel:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/732542248058617876/895983334872743936/FBKvTvJWYAwQNR4.png

EDIT:

Finally a tweet!!

https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/1447925153724346372?s=20

Apparently, this is Episode 2, according to Crown's schedule?? Would have been nice to have been informed about the first episode, especially if there were Drops :|

Views
  • The first episode had the Ancestral wheel as a drop.

Also, just curious since I’m not too sure but what will changing my twitch password help with?

• @illbushido305 said in ICYMI: The Gauntlet + Twitch Drop of Ancestral Cannons (TONIGHT 8pm BST):

The first episode had the Ancestral wheel as a drop.

Interesting, I don't recall seeing a tweet or Discord server message about that one... I have a channel in Discord specifically webhooked for all SOT news. Personally, not bothered as I have the complete Ori set but not good for those who don't if the news wasn't put out.

Edit: Never mind, I found the info. It was a retweet (which of course Mee6 hooks don't pick up on, just actual tweets), and the Discord announcement didn't get pushed to my server for some reason that day... facepalms

Also, just curious since I’m not too sure but what will changing my twitch password help with?

Twitch was hacked and leaked last week. It's highly recommended that you change your password if you haven't already.

• @realstyli I understand it was hacked but how does this affect regular users? I don’t really stream or have anything on it.

• @illbushido305 said in ICYMI: The Gauntlet + Twitch Drop of Ancestral Cannons (TONIGHT 8pm BST):

@realstyli I understand it was hacked but how does this affect regular users? I don’t really stream or have anything on it.

Twitch haven't explicitly ruled out that passwords were part of the hack. If they have your password and credentials, there's the possibility of them using those to gain access to other accounts (if you don't use a unique password or email).

They could also use compromised accounts to form bot attacks which could get your account permabanned. New Twitch rules mean if one account using a verified email or phone number gets banned, all accounts using either of those get banned also.

But if you aren't fussed about security stuff and losing your account, I'm not here to preach.

• These kinds of drops are weird. I’d way rather prefer more of a heads up for these. I’d hate to miss out on something just because I didn’t even know it was a thing.

• @ninja-naranja same here and I'm pretty hot and heavy on as many notifications as I can be for the game.

• Next edition has started.

• Boo twicjtcj drops.

• And another edition: https://www.twitch.tv/crown

• @lem0n-curry I checked it out and this whole system seems super weird. Like these are cosmetics I know people really want yet they’re not doing any marketing for. Not sure what the point of having an even more limited twitch drop system is.

• @ninja-naranja said in ICYMI: The Gauntlet + Twitch Drop of Ancestral Cannons (TONIGHT 8pm BST):

@lem0n-curry I checked it out and this whole system seems super weird. Like these are cosmetics I know people really want yet they’re not doing any marketing for. Not sure what the point of having an even more limited twitch drop system is.

They retweeted it on their twitter, but that's about it I think.

• They start again today: Twitter

Now with BehavingBeardly fronting the evil crew against Pace22 …

• The crown seems to have another Gauntlet as well, with Krotukk and BBXH this time (starts in 10 minutes from this post)

(not sure about 10 minutes, but close... 6:00pm ET)

Edit:

It's different from teh gauntlet - but it has chaos and drops 😎.

Views
2 out of 14