Quite a few ideas I made (in the Official Discord)

• A few Ideas I would love to see in SOT

Ashen Lords reworks:
    General - Ashen Lords are still randomized, but their location is dependent on their role in-lore (Grimm spawning in locations with structures, Chi spawning in Forts, etc)
    Grimm - Can create an easily destructible wall that can defend him from a few attacks. Summons skeletons like every other Ashen lord, with the same health and such, uses a Flintlock of the Ashen Dragon instead of Firebombs
    Horatio - Spawns stronger skeletons that have more health than Grimm's skeletons, uses a Blunderbuss of the Ashen Dragon instead of Firebombs
    Ruth - Uses a stronger Firebomb to throw at you, is slightly harder to dodge but is able to be deflected if you Sword-Block. Doesn't use any gun
    Chi - Focused more on melee combat, uses a Cutlass of the Ashen Dragon

New Slot - Harpoon Gun:
    The Harpoon Gun is a tool that takes up a weapon slot, despite it having a long cooldown, it is great for mobility, hauling loot, and close-quarter combat... Unfortunately, it has shorter range than the Harpoon on your Ship...

Views
    merchandisejust for funevents
  • More ideas that couldn't fit the post:

More Shanties:
    Ship Set Shanties - Able to be gotten from each Ship Set for free in the Pirate Emporium, regardless if you own any part of the set or not.
    Event-themed Shanties - Ashen Lords? Fort of the Damned? You can play their tunes as long as you braved the event and slain their respective wretch!

Spartan Ship Set returning (Permanent)
    To earn the Spartan Ship Set: You must play Halo Infinite Multiplayer matches 10 times, regardless if you lost or won, it'll still count.

Doom Ship Set (Slayer):
    Figurehead - A Cyberdemon with Pirate garb
    Sails - A glowing Slayer Insignia surrounded by Flintlocks, Blunderbusses, and Eyes of Reaches, with the eyes of the Dark Lord looming within
    Hull - Themed after the Doom Slayer, with green and silver and blood red coloring
    Wheel - A crystalline wheel inspired by the Sentinel Crystals from Doom Eternal
    Capstan - An ancient-looking capstan inspired by the Makyrs
    Cannon Flare - A Doom 1 style explosion whilst still fitting Sea of Thieves' style

Some Merch ideas:
    Series X Controller with an ashen-look
    Real Pirate Lord Jacket (Complete with the elboy hole!

• I like the handheld harpoon idea, but I think if it were to be included, it shouldn't be able to damage enemies like a regular harpoon, giving the user a more support-heavy ship role. Sea of Thieves definitely has potential for more weapon variations that trade firepower for utility like your idea does, keep it up!

Views
merchandisejust for funevents
2 out of 3