Release Notes - 2.3.0

• Release Notes - 2.3.0
    Today's maintenance window is now over and Sea of Thieves is officially back online alongside update 2.3.0! Read our release notes to find out more about the fixes and improvements that this build introduces.

Release Notes - 2.3.0

LOOKING FOR CREW?
    Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Forums
    Xbox Club
    Verified Discord

Views
  • the start screen might be my favorite yet and the music reminds me of underwater levels in donkey kong country

all the underwater stuff has been so pretty

thank you

https://i.imgur.com/gUEKc3W.png

thanks for the new hat! we are getting closer and closer to a perfect fit as the seasons go on. Now I just need a giant walking stick with a couple of feathers on it and I'll be good to go

• @meroviel That is one heck of a set of patch notes.
    GG Rare! Can't wait to play tonight now!

• Little disappointed there is no underwater shrine in the devil's roar..

I get that a ship might sink being left there. But that's probably the outcome for most of our solo sloops either way 🤣

• I notice there’s a note about a “Soulflame Canon Flare” being fixed yet I see no such flare available either in the emporium or in any of the in game shops. Was it some sort of time limited canon flare?

• Series X - My update is 61.94G. I checked for updates like always, but my update is downloading the whole game, which for me will take 10 hours. Is there any known issue for xbox or xbox series X with this update? Or possible fluke? - thx

• @sumunumbastage said in Release Notes - 2.3.0:

Series X - My update is 61.94G. I checked for updates like always, but my update is downloading the whole game, which for me will take 10 hours. Is there any known issue for xbox or xbox series X with this update? Or possible fluke? - thx

this is an xbox issue that has been around since the original xbox one

for whatever reason some games make you re-download the entire game during updates. I had to download halo mcc a few times for the same issue

No idea why that is specifically but it's been around a long time.

• The new glint on the skulls is painful

• having done a bunch of the new stuff today I thus far haven't seen anything I didn't like

music is great
    all the colors and graphics and designs are very pretty and appealing
    the new colors for shining loot I find more appealing in color
    I like the yellow for names coming and going. I think that was a good choice
    olive majestic hat is a great addition
    toggling name tags on and off without the lag is very nice

really nice pve addition

• Great job Rare love the dynamic of the shrines it is like the gold hoarder vaults. Do you leave someone to defend or do you all go down to clear as quick as possible and get away before someone comes. Colors are pretty and the new loading screen suits the theme well. I love this seasons battle pass. I like how you guys are giving us less one off items and more full sets of weapons and clothing. Keep up the great work :)

• I did two shrine runs and one was a coral bottle and so i got the breath if the sea but both times i put my treasure into the mermaid statue and then collected it and then went to my ship the mermaid wasn't there and i lost everything. Is this a known glitch and how can i make sure i get my loot?

• @spread-that-jam said in Release Notes - 2.3.0:

I did two shrine runs and one was a coral bottle and so i got the breath if the sea but both times i put my treasure into the mermaid statue and then collected it and then went to my ship the mermaid wasn't there and i lost everything. Is this a known glitch and how can i make sure i get my loot?

You collected it after you were done from the mermaid on the outside above the water and the loot never showed up and the mermaid went away?

the way you worded it makes me think you collected it while you were still down there which would be why it's not at the top

• Loving the new update so far. This shrines really bring more layers of exploration and lore to the game.

However the new glint of the loot is kinda confusing. After 3 years seeing skulls with green glint, now their new colour seems more suitable for the trident. And the trident glint mixs up with the green gems.

• I've been playing in the shrines for almost a week now and thoroughly enjoying it. However, I've been seriously lacking on food... especially in the Shrine of Hungering (how ironic). There are sharks there, but how can I feed myself on cannonballs and planks?? Perhaps a quick solution would to be to add a campfire with a cooking pan in each shrine? Thank you for your time.

• @namnorisdog
    Yes I completely agree. If you can fish in some of the shrines cooking would be fun as well. Or maybe just adding more food in the barrels.

Views
1 out of 16