[Mega Thread] Custom Servers

• I think you should be able to earn money with private servers.

Even because there are rumors that the server would be paid, so I think I should be able to profit from travel on this type of server..

At the same time I believe that it should not be worth the full value but 25% of the value of each item sold, because it would discourage players from staying on closed servers and would encourage them to go to open servers..

wants to play on closed server without risk of being sunk that's ok, but it won't profit 100% of the value of the items sold, to profit 100% of the items sold the player should play on servers with real threats like other pirates..

That said, I don't think I should be able to do events from heaven...

I think it would be interesting just to be able to do and complete missions of emissaries and talltales..

• @szenn1 said in [Mega Thread] Custom Servers:

I think you should be able to earn money with private servers.

Even because there are rumors that the server would be paid, so I think I should be able to profit from travel on this type of server..

At the same time I believe that it should not be worth the full value but 25% of the value of each item sold, because it would discourage players from staying on closed servers and would encourage them to go to open servers..

wants to play on closed server without risk of being sunk that's ok, but it won't profit 100% of the value of the items sold, to profit 100% of the items sold the player should play on servers with real threats like other pirates..

That said, I don't think I should be able to do events from heaven...

I think it would be interesting just to be able to do and complete missions of emissaries and talltales..

These servers are not meant for regular style play. They are meant for Events or goofy things for the community to do. Like streamers to run community days, Doug to do Race of Legends, Fortune to host Skullball, Rogue Legends to host Enguarde.

That is what these servers are for.

• @meroviel

I understand the purpose of the custom servers. However, since no gold or progression is offered you should give people the ability to spawn specific treasure and world events.

Last time I tried the custom servers, there was no difference between them and the live servers. I don’t understand why people would use these servers. I have seen many fantastic pictures where people use a lot of different treasure to make unique designs. I can only imagine how long that took and the strain it put on the servers.

A custom server where I can spawn treasure to make a cool and unique screenshot would be something I would use.

• Es sollte schon PVE Server geben.
    Es bietet nur Vorteile denn es gibt genügend Menschen die sich das wünschen... Familien die mit ihren Kindern Abenteuer erleben wollen ohne von jemandem versenkt zu werden.

Auch andere die nach einer anstrengenden Spätschicht noch gechillt paar Stunden Segeln wollen um runter zu kommen.

Es ist ein sehr schönes Spiel das auch genau so bleibt ohne den ständigen Nervenkitzel des Kampfes

• I have everything I could possibly want in game.

I've been playing open crew for last 6 months just for the unique experiences it offers.

I am very much looking forward to XBOX Live LFG System posts like "Team death match, King of the Island, Last Crew standing, etc, etc".

• I think this is absolutely great. Custom servers that will not return gold and rep is perfect.

• thats really a good idea

• Adding an option to make ships spawn and respawn with an emissary flag would probably help people build contests around capturing flags or racing to rank 5 without the need to sail to an outpost and vote up a new flag after getting sunk.

Maybe add the option for flags to go above rank 5.

• Has there been any update on when custom servers would be available to subscribe to in the emporium? I'm looking to put together a LAN party in the next few months and I would really like to have Sea of Thieves as one of the games.

• I have been playing Sea of ​​Thieves for years, but it has become impossible to play as the community is so toxic that after literally twenty minutes of game I am forced to disconnect because I am constantly encountering other people sinking my ship simply to annoy me, totally ignoring the treasures obtained after so much effort. I understand that this is the spirit of the game, but it would also be nice to give space to people like me who just want to relax a bit without having to hear other players yelling and insulting in other languages. It would be nice if they added a peaceful mode or server.

• @purrlotte you do know when we get custom servers you wont be able to earn gold, reputation, or commendation credit?

• @purrlotte said in [Mega Thread] Custom Servers:

I have been playing Sea of ​​Thieves for years, but it has become impossible to play as the community is so toxic that after literally twenty minutes of game I am forced to disconnect because I am constantly encountering other people sinking my ship simply to annoy me, totally ignoring the treasures obtained after so much effort. I understand that this is the spirit of the game, but it would also be nice to give space to people like me who just want to relax a bit without having to hear other players yelling and insulting in other languages. It would be nice if they added a peaceful mode or server.

Brace yourself for this one.

"There is a peaceful mode in the game, it's called the Maiden Voyage!"

laugh track

But yeah, you get the idea! No PvE mode in PvPvE game

• @purrlotte said in [Mega Thread] Custom Servers:

I have been playing Sea of ​​Thieves for years, but it has become impossible to play as the community is so toxic that after literally twenty minutes of game I am forced to disconnect because I am constantly encountering other people sinking my ship simply to annoy me, totally ignoring the treasures obtained after so much effort. I understand that this is the spirit of the game, but it would also be nice to give space to people like me who just want to relax a bit without having to hear other players yelling and insulting in other languages. It would be nice if they added a peaceful mode or server.

It's a shame you simply ignored @Musicmee 's answer to your previous thread.

• I would like to have the option to log into a solo sloop only server. Keep everything about the game the same, maybe add a extra sloop or two, but for solo players only.

• oh my goodness thank ramsey the devs have said something new about this

Custom Servers have been mentioned in today's podcast and the biggest things to take from are this:

• They are of course, still working on them as they are likely in Alpha
    • They are currently working on utilizing and modifying settings via a web browser page
    • Custom Servers are going to be tested out with Affiliate Alliance communities alongside Partnered Content Creators

Just remember that Custom Servers are designed for Events and Special Occasions, they are never meant to be private servers meant for progressing through the game without interference, you still cannot/will not be able to buy anything from shops, and you still will not be able to earn gold/doubloons, or progress through reputation for trading companies or commendations.

This announced progress is a good discussion point for what kind of things you're hoping can be modified for the custom servers. They have hinted one of the few things they wanted to do was turn off emergent encounters on land/sea, but do you think they'll allow us to have different stock in our ship? Allow the server's manager to dictate where ships will spawn? Maybe even allow only 1 World Event to spawn in a specific spot on the map? The possibilities should be endless, but let's see your thoughts about all of this.

• I like the Idea of the Custome Servers, but I like to see the below implemented as well

1.) The option to have Invite Only Sessions and Solo Sessions. Players in normal sessions can be replaced by Npc Crews flying one of the various emissary flags. This adds to the solo or Invite Only sessions to add to the danger or the thrill of the "hunt" so to speak. Npc Crews can be randomly set up with a mix of Sloops, Brigs, and Galleons, with each having up to the maximum of NPC for those ships (Example Sloop has up to 2, Brig 3, Galleon 4). These NPC crews can do everything a player crew can. From Boarding other ships, landing on an island to resupply. Npc Crews would be identified by having the below (as an example)

Captain of Golden Lion (Gold hoarders crew)
    Sailor of the Golden Lion

Golden Lion is the name of the ship having other identifying features could also work.

2.) when your ship sinks and your loot (like mine is all the time) is below deck, the mermaids will collect your loot and hold it. As loot like that does not just float through a sinking ship when it is below deck. If you want it back on your ship when you return to it you have to pay in either Gold, Doubloons, or Ancient Coins to the mermaid who takes you to your ship.

• @ragnarseptim
    There will be no loot for turning in on custom servers.
    I doubt they'll make NPC crews - custom servers are there for doing things with communities &c, not for creating a solo game.

• After hearing the devs comments on custom servers in the latest podcast, I'm happy to hear they will seemingly have thorough customization options. Still though, I would like to have had access to them even in their current rudimentary form... simply so we can take screenshots without constantly being interrupted by other players, or so we wouldn't have to spend so much time trying to get two ships on a server for specific screenshots.

Unfortunately it still sounds like it'll be a long time before us non-partnered/non-affiliated players have access to custom servers qq

• Sehr geehrtes Team,

ich möchte mit dieser Nachricht ein grundliegendes Problem in ihrem Spiel ansprechen, was nicht nur mir, sondern einen großen Teil der Spieler betrifft, sei es, dass sie das selbe Problem haben, oder selbst Grund für das Problem sind.
    Es geht darum, dass Sea of Thieves zu einer Zweiklassengesellschaft gemacht wurde, in die Klassen der Leute die einfach nur das Spiel spielen möchten und solchen, die das Vergnügen daran haben die ersten das Spiel kaputt zu machen bzw. es ihnen zu verderben. Und meistens werden hierbei die Taktiken angewendet in einer gruppe einen alleine anzugreifen und oder auch noch zu warten, bis er genug gesammelt hat, sodass man seine gesamten Vorräte und Schätze klauen kann. Dabei kann der Alleinige sich in keinster weise wehren, denn er steht direkt vier Problemen gegenüber: 1. Die feige gruppe von Spielern wartet nur sehnsüchtig darauf ihn direkt wieder in die Zange zu nehmen. 2. Sein Schiff wird angegriffen, in flammen gesteckt und kaputt gemacht und er muss erst dafür sorgen dass das ganze Wasser rauskommt, die Löcher und kaputten teile seines Schiffes muss er reparieren, gegebenenfalls muss er sogar noch Feuer löschen und dann erst kann er versuchen zu fliehen. 3. seine Schätze werden geklaut und was besonders mies ist auch seine Vorräte, sprich Planken, Kanonenkugeln, Essen. Der alleinstehende Spieler der nichts aus richten kann wird auf diese Art noch um ein vielfaches gedemütigt, weil er so ein leichtes Ziel zum weiter erledigen oder versenken ist, denn 4. Wenn dieser alleinige Spieler es doch wie durch ein Wunder schaffen sollte und sei es nur, dass er mit seinem Schiff flüchten kann, so wird er in den meisten fällen von der gruppe gejagt so dass es kein spaßiges Spiel mehr ist, sondern ein kaltblütiges Belasten.
    Ich weiß, dass sie jetzt bestimmt sagen wollen: "Ja aber das gehört zum Spiel nun mal dazu und außerdem wird für ein besondere Fraktion diese Spielweise benötigt". Dies gebe ich zu, ich frage mich hierbei nur was denn die alternative ist. Was ist mit den Spielern denen die Schniter Fraktion völlig egal ist und die einfach nur in Frieden grinden möchten. Außerdem muss man sich in die Personen hineinversetzen. Der alleinige Spieler hat vielleicht weder viel Zeit noch Freunde zum spielen und will sich am Ende des Tages was von dem Geld was er verdient hat kaufen. und dann kommen andere Spieler zu ihm und greifen ihn an und nehmen ihn komplett auseinander. Dieser Spieler wird niemals sagen: "Die haben mich jetzt fertig gemacht und mir alles weggenommen, aber ich freue mich für sie, weil sie so taktisch im Trupp auf mich allein losgegangen sind. Sie haben die Beute verdient. Ich bin einfach zu schlecht", und das passiert ihm dann immer und immer wieder. Nein, eher sagt dieser Spieler: "Verdammt, jetzt habe ich so lange gegrindet und nun wurde das alles zu Nichte gemacht. Jedes mal und ich kann mich alleine gegen die Grifer wehren" Auf der anderen Seite freuen sich die Grifer jedoch, dass sie auf diese Art schnelle Kohle gemacht haben und den Spieler völlig fertig gemacht haben, auch wenn der Kampf völlig unausgeglichen war.
    Meine Bitte ist wirklich etwas in der Hinsicht zu machen. Sei es die Vorräte auf dem Schiff zu sichern, dass Fremde sich nicht bedienen können, die Spieler, die die Schnitter Fraktion machen wollen in eine extra Lobby gezogen werden, neben Jungfernfahrt oder Abenteuer, oder das Spieler einen alleinigen Server starten können, auf dem man dann auch nur mit Einladung drauf kann.
    Ich bitte darum sich dieses Problem vorzunehmen.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Der Spieler EINBRECHERVERSUC

• Für ein schönes Spiel mit anderen Spielern benötigen wir PvE Server.

Custom Server kommen wider nur den Influencer zu gute und bringen dem normalen Spieler kein Mehrwert.

Ich verstehe nicht warum sich Piraten gegenseitig angreifen sollten. Man könnte einfach machen das mit der weissen Flagge am Schiff (natürlich mit cooldown) dies ein PvE Schiff ist.

Unsere Crew versenkt sofort das Schiff wenn wir PvP angegriffen werden - um zu signalisieren das dies nicht unsere Intension ist.

Das PvP Spiel funktioniert nur wegen den PvE Spielern, die Schätze suchen und diese dann Verkaufen wollen und dabei abgefangen werden. Was gemäss Codex nicht gemacht werden sollte.

Wenn es Microsoft und Rare nicht nur ums Geld gehen würde, dann hätte man längst auf den Wunsch der Spieler gehört und eine PvE möglichkeit im Spiel erstellt.

• @einbrecherversu @kda-oberland
    Wird es nie geben, wenn ihr mit dem Spielprinzip nicht klar kommen könnt, spielt was Anderes! Ich spiele hauptsächlich PvE, etwa 95%...wehrt euch, oder haut ab...regelmäßig auf die Karte schauen und den Horizont beobachten und ihr werdet sehr viel weniger ausgeraubt.

Außerdem ist das hier ein englisches Forum, bitte in englischer Sprache schreiben.

Unsere Crew versenkt sofort das Schiff wenn wir PvP angegriffen werden - um zu signalisieren das dies nicht unsere Intension ist.

Selber Schuld...ihr würdet euch wundern, wie schlecht viele da draußen sind und keine Chance haben...außerdem, was kann passieren? Ihr könntet besser im Kampf werden zum Beispiel...

• @einbrecherversu Eines noch: Griefer in diesem Spiel sind zum Großteil in der eigenen Crew zu finden: Leute die deine Ressourcen verbrauchen für Nichts, die Schätze von Bord werfen, sinnlos den Anker werfen...
    Anderen Crews kannst du das nur vorwerfen, wenn die dich immer wieder auf deinem Schiff töten, ohne deine Ressourcen zu nehmen oder ohne dich zu versenken und dich blöd anmachen die ganze Zeit...

Dich angreifen und versenken, deine Ressourcen stehlen, deine Schätze stehlen, in eine Allianz zusammentun und euch dann trotzdem versenken, sogar sich auf deinem Schiff verstecken, bis ihr genügend gesammelt habt um euch dann mit einem Schießpulverfass zu versenken...alles legitim, alles Teil des Spiels und weit entfernt von "griefing" ...die PvEler werden gebraucht, damit die PvPler etwas haben, wofür sie kämpfen können...
    Wenn ihr damit nicht klar kommt, bitte spielt was Anderes und hört auf hier rumzuheulen

• @schwammlgott Wohlaus, aber trotzdem wäre eine Gleichberechtigung angemessen

• @einbrecherversu sagte in [Mega Thread] Custom Servers:

@schwammlgott Wohlaus, aber trotzdem wäre eine Gleichberechtigung angemessen

Gleichberechtigung? Was redest du? In SoT ist ausnahmslos jeder gleichberechtigt...jeder, ob hier seit 4 Jahren, oder zum ersten Mal, jeder hat die gleichen Waffen, die gleichen Werkzeuge, das gleiche Schiff...nur das Wissen, der persönliche Skill ist der Unterschied

Jeder ist in dieser wunderschönen PvEvP Welt gleich. Punkt.

• I would like to ask for these features:

• red sea modification (reduce playable area to a certain size)
    • spawn position variation to let ships even spawn on open waters within above area
    • custom starting supplies for ships

Why do I ask for this? After the Arena removal, it has been a huge effort to keep the competitive SoT alive.

NAL is hosting 1v1 duels that start 1-2 hours earlier with 6 ships driving around and stockpiling 6000+ cannonballs before starting the actual fights. Its very well organized and I understand that Arena will not come back, but "just" the above features for custom servers could offer massive battles in open sea with putting them close together for intense fighting, respawning with Arena-like or even fully customizeable supplies within this area enclosed by a custom red sea, shaped either with round or squared boundaries.

This would be so incredible helpful for setting up and hosting PvP events. Even without a system counting points like Arena did. Of course if things like this (aka statistics) could be implemented that would be even better, but the basic features listed above would make such a big difference right now.

• @kda-oberland said in [Mega Thread] Custom Servers:

Für ein schönes Spiel mit anderen Spielern benötigen wir PvE Server.

Custom Server kommen wider nur den Influencer zu gute und bringen dem normalen Spieler kein Mehrwert.

Ich verstehe nicht warum sich Piraten gegenseitig angreifen sollten. Man könnte einfach machen das mit der weissen Flagge am Schiff (natürlich mit cooldown) dies ein PvE Schiff ist.

Das PvP Spiel funktioniert nur wegen den PvE Spielern, die Schätze suchen und diese dann Verkaufen wollen und dabei abgefangen werden. Was gemäss Codex nicht gemacht werden sollte.

Wenn es Microsoft und Rare nicht nur ums Geld gehen würde, dann hätte man längst auf den Wunsch der Spieler gehört und eine PvE möglichkeit im Spiel erstellt.

Custom servers are great. We use them to create beautiful screenshots, videos and host fighting lobbies against each other to practice and improve. You can do literally everything on those servers except spending your gold or selling loot. Its a great feature.

It is a sandbox game where everyone is allowed to do whatever they want within the terms of service. That includes attacking whoever you want and also running away for as long as you want. Both is allowed and Rare will most likely never do anything against it, because they said "PvEvP" and "sandbox". Thats how they designed it, thats how they want it. Simple as that.

• I was wondering what the end of life plans is for this game. I know that this is not relevant any time soon but wanted to know if the sea of thieves servers will still run once rare stops developing the game. I know that because of how the servers operate specifically in this game, there is a chance sot wont be playable once the 10 year plan of the game is over. I hope this is not the case but was just wondering if there will be dedicated servers after rare moves on from this game.

• Ok so my friends and I can enjoy the game without being attacked by drooling gankers who slam their hot wheels against the wall for fun! This is great! This is a step in the right direction! I'm in!

• @personalc0ffee I think if you have to spend any money on a game, you should be able to get what you want because customer satisfaction. As for now, wish I'd never bought this pos.

• @meroviel

Hi great idea, a few things for the custom servers plz,

-Can we have pvp in custom servers ? And add whoever we want to fight with. So we can practice fighting with our friends

• Also why don't you just call it a "training server" where you can switch ships at any given time. It would be good for rp and stuff but if your only trying to appeal to streamers and contests eg then your not really looking after the overall community.

• Have like the ability to spawn boxes like
      Cannon ball boxes wood boxes etc.

• @witchcraft2737 pretty cool i guess

• That seems like a great idea. I can see some potential for events, perhaps tournaments (ex.NAL) or just practice with friends depending on the cost of a custom server

• @themanwholaughz
    There is PvP in these servers.

Also why don't you just call it a "training server" where you can switch ships at any given time. It would be good for rp and stuff but if your only trying to appeal to streamers and contests eg then your not really looking after the overall community.

They're called Custom Servers. Meaning you can do whatever you want in them, including training. Training server is a more restrictive name and custom servers doesn't just appeal to streamers and contests, but also those trying to carve out a specific thing within the game.

Views
67 out of 116