You're Doing It Wrong!

• Don't be a blundering idiot with blunderbombs!

Scenario: You have successfully boarded the deck of an opposing ship, or have had your ship boarded by an opposing crew, and are armed with blunderbombs.

If you're throwing blunderbombs directly at your opponent, then you're doing it wrong!

If on deck, it's actually better to throw the bomb beside them. But why? It's simple, really - it knocks them off of your ship. Knockback has a much greater affect immediately next to the source of impact than a direct hit does, believe it or not. You can use this to your advantage! Look at it this way - would you rather be looking at a very angry pirate with 50% health, or no pirate at all? I know which I would choose.

If your ship is moving when you knock them overboard, then you have likely already won the encounter, since it will be incredibly difficult for them to reboard. Even if they do, if for example your ship isn't moving, then you still gain the advantages of cover, the high ground, and attack priority - that's 3 strikes against them, and if you've ever played baseball with Jack and the pirates from Neverland, then you'll know what that means.

Glory awaits! 😁

Views
  • Real tip: You should 100% be carrying Blunderbombs with you at all times unless you are stocking.

They are vitally useful for many things like negating fall damage, knockback, killing yourself, etc.

• @personalc0ffee said in You're Doing It Wrong!:

Real tip: You should 100% be carrying Blunderbombs with you at all times unless you are stocking.

They are vitally useful for many things like negating fall damage, knockback, killing yourself, etc.

I think negating fall damage with them should be patched out, IMO. But yes, they are incredibly useful. I use them to hunt animals all of the time, and knock out entire flocks of chickens.

• @galactic-geek It probably will in the future at some point.

• @personalc0ffee said in You're Doing It Wrong!:
    and knock out entire flocks of chickens.

more fun with kegs...

Views
5 out of 6