Introducing: Fleets! (Idea)

• So I play sea of thieves amongst a group of 12 people, but we can't all play together for obvious reasons.

So I come up with a fun little idea, that may not be too hard to implement ... "Fleets".

Using the website you can create groups called "Fleets" up to a maximum of maybe 100 people. While you are in the fleet all your earnings and gained reputations will go towards Fleet reputations and goals!

For example, a crew gain X amount of xp in one day, another crew gain X another, and it accumulates as a group score!

This would open up for new opportunities such as:

• Fleet cosmetics
    • Fleet reputation & Gold bonuses
    • Fleet rankings and competitions
      -Fleet commendations etc.

At the moment the game only accommodates these things per account, though shared while in the same crew.

This idea is kind of inspired by the "Spartan Companies" used on the Halo 5 forums, but that was bare bones.

Your fleet could be displayed in-game as a custom title or flag that you can design!

Heck what about Fleet emissary? Allow fleet owners to choose from a selection of weekly/daily quests to earn significant fleet bonuses.

Of course, the commendations and reputations should be scaled to accommodate how many players can contribute!

Personally, this would be a great way for me and my friends to all work together while not being able to directly play together!

What do you all think?

Views
    feedbackgeneralquestioncommunityjust for fun
  • Seems kinda like a Clan feature from games like Destiny.

I wouldn't be against it, would kinda give rise to legitimate player "factions" so to speak, might be neat.
    It could pair really well if the Fleet Admiral or whatever could design a rudimentary flag on the website (similar to clan emblems in Halo) that you could put on your boat so other players could potentially recognize you - this would obviously be a ton of work though so isn't very likely.

• @slashsgt sounds like a great feature to ship with captaincy!

• @themadlad94 come on, let’s not let alliance servers dictate how the rest of us play. We aren’t on those servers. So what’s the problem?
    Sounds like spire might ruin our own fun.

• I feel like the gold sharing would just be abused by 100 player fleets becoming rich in no time

• @alphawolf123905 I don't think this would be a "Shared Gold" kind of thing. I think they meant there'd be like, a set of perhaps seasonal rewards that your fleet would unlock and progress through using the XP that they'd earn collectively.

Like the current season system, but many people are collaboratively working to level it up.

• @alphawolf123905 said in Introducing: Fleets! (Idea):

I feel like the gold sharing would just be abused by 100 player fleets becoming rich in no time

Nothing ingame would be shared, that would be crazy broken!

If a crew gains say 200k in a session, the rest of the "fleet" don't gain it as well, its just whoever is in the session.

However, the gold count would go towards say a "fleet" commendation goal to gain a unique cosmetic or title etc.

It would run as its own system and not effect gameplay at all! Proberbly just a website based thing, however I'd prefer it if you could access it from in the game as well (this is one of the biggest issues when other games do it)

I don't think you should ever need to leave the game to play the game if that makes sense, the website platform should be a bonus not a requirement.

• @slashsgt said in Introducing: Fleets! (Idea):

Seems kinda like a Clan feature from games like Destiny.

I wouldn't be against it, would kinda give rise to legitimate player "factions" so to speak, might be neat.
    It could pair really well if the Fleet Admiral or whatever could design a rudimentary flag on the website (similar to clan emblems in Halo) that you could put on your boat so other players could potentially recognize you - this would obviously be a ton of work though so isn't very likely.

Even a set of custom preset emblems similar to halo as you mentioned might make it easier to implement! But I think it could be cool for top tier "fleets" to rep their colors across the seas and when players see their flag to be like ... "Oh no, its those guys!!"

• If it was implemented similarly to Division 2's clan system (I.E. you have set group of goals that you work on over x amount of time. At the end of that time, you get x rewards - cosmetics etc, you can play within the limitations of group size with your Clan/Fleet mates) then I have no issue with that.

Views
feedbackgeneralquestioncommunityjust for fun
1 out of 9