SUGGESTION Taking over enemy player's ships

• Hi, I have a suggestion to make to make our lifes a little easier when we want to add a new friend in server while in game with full lobby. Since we can attack, board and sink enemy ships, maybe there could be a feature that if we take down the enemy flag by reaching it at crow's nest, then we could "take over" the ship and if it is bigger than our current ship, increase the party size. Of course the enemy ship will keep their ship as it is, but the attackers will advance to a bigger ship.
    What does everyone think about that? :)

Views
    questioncommunityjust for fungeneral
  • I don't think that's a good idea. Too complicated

• This should only be possible if the ship being attacked has a name.

That's right, add a game mechanic where you could name your ship.
    The risk of having a name on a ship is the risk of losing said ship. The crew that lost the named vessel respawns with a default ship with no name.

The victorious crew continues the adventure with their new prize.
    Targets must be the same size vessel or larger, and the victorious crew respawns with the named ship until another crew kills them and takes the flag.

• That'd get boring really fast. A crew can run a server not allowing anyone new in either intentionally or unintentionally. The fun of the game is the unknown and that is taken away once you control all 5 ships on the server.

• The problem that I can see is that there would be one crew with a whole fleet of ships on the server

• @joe-krakatoa then nobody would name their ships for fear of them being stolen

• When attacking an enemy ship, you can either sink it or in case you want to take it over you can interact with their flag (probably take it down or something). Then you will have to choose to sail with that ship or just keep your ship, in case you take over their ship your own ship will be gone. Of course you cannot control more than 1 ship, so no fleets :)

• @ace9126 ah good

Views
questioncommunityjust for fungeneral
7 out of 8