Whales

• Peaceful unless attacked

• Fight like megs but in small pods

• Spout that launches you in air

• Maybe special drops beyond just meat, like oil for firebombs

• If kill enough whales, a giant whale will pursue you until ship is sunk or it dies. Chance of swallowing you and getting stuck in it’s belly.

Views
    just for fungeneral
  • They don't want whale hunting in the game

and to nip it in the bud

nothing has to be consistent, they can pick and choose whatever they think is best when it comes to direction and drama,

it's a smart move as there is no real reason to add it in and it only brings an unnecessary headache

• @wolfmanbush thanks for the quick reply. Obviously I’m new and I suspected they might be avoiding whale hunting controversy.

Really wish there was a neutral ocean creature that would only attack when provoked. Maybe a fantasy sea creature of some sort would be better.

• @tinytooraph said in Whales:

@wolfmanbush thanks for the quick reply. Obviously I’m new and I suspected they might be avoiding whale hunting controversy.

Really wish there was a neutral ocean creature that would only attack when provoked. Maybe a fantasy sea creature of some sort would be better.

the killing majestic stuff gets people too fired up

you could add giant eels or giant croc like creatures and make them passive unless provoked and would get away with it

• @wolfmanbush said in Whales:

That’s part of the tension that I think could be interesting. Could have some pirates opting to protect animals out of principle while others are trying to harvest.

• @tinytooraph said in Whales:

@wolfmanbush said in Whales:

That’s part of the tension that I think could be interesting. Could have some pirates opting to protect animals out of principle while others are trying to harvest.

that not the reality though as those warriors fight their battles on twitter and in blogs

• @wolfmanbush Probably need a clear game reward to incentivize helping the creature. Like they gift you something for feeding them or protecting them.

• Or just update megs to meet this but instead of the spout it swims deep under the water and charges upwards hitting the bottom of the ship

Views
just for fungeneral
1 out of 8