Fort of Fortune

• When I was tucked on the Fort of Fortune and another crew opened the vault I didn't get credit like I would with Fort of the Damned. So did they change this for this fort? Has anybody else gotten credit?

Views
  • Only the crew that opens it gets credit unlucky do your own fort

• @captainstab1n said in Fort of Fortune:

Only the crew that opens it gets credit unlucky do your own fort

Do your own fort? Nah bro we have people like you for that :)

• @hurricanegriz
    Then u get sunk as they always do

@hurricanegriz
    Then u get sunk as they always do

sinking players isn't the same as sinking skellies Mr. PvE Lord XD

• @hurricanegriz
    Yes pace keep tucking

@hurricanegriz
    Yes pace keep tucking

Nah too boring why the beef with Pace lol?

• It's way harder to fight off like 3-4 crews respawning to interrupt you doing it than it is to tuck and keg after it's done. I think server hoppers and tuckers probably need some more risk because playing like this is really safe and honestly a lot easier than doing it yourself.

I agree with the sentiment that if you didn't open it, you don't get the credit. Kill them and take the key next time. It's really about time server hopper meta got some punish.

• @captainstab1n how do you see stats?

• @cornelius-ix
    Xbox app

• @zappychan It's not that it's safer per se. Tuckers are quite easy to manage but it is a tedious matter. Honestly, tuckers are more boring to play against than they are a real threat.

Leave a crewmate on board the ship to watch out for swimmers, rowboats, mermaids. He won't have the time of his life that's for sure, but at least tuckers won't board your ship.

If something seems fishy (a ship passed by and shot its cannon, the skellies seem to act weird around certain spot...), interrupt your pve to investigate*. That's not like the pve was really a threat anyway so you can do that without issue. That's boring and tedious but check any tuck spots just in case. You shouldn't complete a fort if you think that there is a potential tucker on it.

When you open the vault, try to safely blow up the kegs from a distance unless you're 100% sure that you're alone (even in this case, I would still do it but to each its own).

Following this principle, you should be able to prevent those kinds of shenanigan to take you by surprise. But it is really boring and often the guys in black will be frustrated and call you a tryhard.

*: regardless of the emote used, the character hitbox stays the same, so don't hesitate to swing your sword even a little over where a tucker would be if you can't reach the ground.

• @grog-minto

It's less about the tucking and more just the fact that they come back like 3 times. In the time it takes to DEAL with tuckers you could probably server hop and do whatever you're doing faster - which is pretty stupid considering they have like zero risk on their side if they're just server hopping. On the inverse when I tuck, it's often pretty easy to show up as they finish and steal the key or blow them up in the kegs when they enter. Even if I fail the tuck I can just sail from where my boat is hiding an island or two away before they can loot up giving them no way out but to take the fight or abandon the lion's share of loot to me.

I've caught people tucking plenty of times and probably only lost an athena to them once in many many encounters, it's more just like... it demotivates me to play properly and I end up just roaming around or yoinking other people's PVE content because it's not worth doing it yourself anymore.

Especially this new fort, I did it like once yesterday and just stopped because of what a hassle server hopping tuckers are. I got kegged 6 times by two different crews, I survived and I did get all the loot but the damn time sink from being interrupted makes it kinda not worth being the person who is the easy target. I feel like after you defeat the same crew two or three times they need a forced server merge or just.. SOMETHING - the meta of rewarding people doing the least amount of work and having the most advantage is silly to me.

@whitelisted8572
    Gotta love [MOD EDIT] like you and your buddy you enjoy each other's poetry and alactar? How many accounts do you have

I just reciting what the other guy said dude, you're complaining about tucking, and have beef with pace and Alactar? Don't really know what the poetry thing means but ok

• @captainstab1n Please refrain from derogatory remarks towards others on the forums. It is a violation of our forum rules, and we have removed several posts accordingly.

• @zappychan Oh then we weren't exactly talking about the same thing. To me tucker are just players that try to hide in order to surprise you once you've finished an event (to steal the most valuable loot or keg your ship unnoticed).

What you're describing (ships coming back and back again, with or without kegs on board, server hoppers etc) doesn't quite fit the definition that I use. It seems to me that you talk about the pvp around world event at large. Including but not limited to tucking.

While having the same boat coming back and back again can sometimes frustrates me, the pvp around world event is fun to me overall. Just the tuckers that are boring to play against.

• @grog-minto said in Fort of Fortune:

@zappychan Oh then we weren't exactly talking about the same thing. To me tucker are just players that try to hide in order to surprise you once you've finished an event (to steal the most valuable loot or keg your ship unnoticed).

What you're describing (ships coming back and back again, with or without kegs on board, server hoppers etc) doesn't quite fit the definition that I use. It seems to me that you talk about the pvp around world event at large. Including but not limited to tucking.

While having the same boat coming back and back again can sometimes frustrates me, the pvp around world event is fun to me overall. Just the tuckers that are boring to play against.

I was definitely thinking of the kids who copy pace's outfit and do nothing but server hop. I actually have had fun tucking adventures myself, especially on an oblivious crew I'm not even trying to grief or steal from - it can just be fun to watch people unaware you're there talk to each other and I do use the legendary thief title with pride still.

• @zappychan I see. In my definition you could definitely be wearing an all black outfit and server hop but not be a tucker so there was the incomprehension that lead to my advice. ^^

@whitelisted8572
    Not complaining about anything if you can read I said only the crew that opens it gets credit and your buddy got upset cause he got sunk tucking and wrote a poem about alactar and got banned.. Then you acted like the hero you think you are but at end of the day just another [MOD EDIT]

lol what are you even on about? Like, I can't even give a response to such salt like that

• @captainstab1n Please refrain from derogatory remarks towards others and calling people out on the forums. It is a violation of our forum rules, and we have removed your post accordingly.
    Continuing in this manner will lead to other actions being taken :)

Fair winds

@lizalaroo
    Yet u can see it where the [MOD EDIT] commented above... Good work

didn't the deckhand just tell you to not do that?

• @zappychan said in Fort of Fortune:

It's way harder to fight off like 3-4 crews respawning to interrupt you doing it than it is to tuck and keg after it's done. I think server hoppers and tuckers probably need some more risk because playing like this is really safe and honestly a lot easier than doing it yourself.

I agree with the sentiment that if you didn't open it, you don't get the credit. Kill them and take the key next time. It's really about time server hopper meta got some punish.

Server hopper meta? Haven't seen it become a problem yet, weird. I've robbed a few forts in servers I was already in for a while yet got accused of server hopping. Are we sure this isn't an excuse people use for when they get sunk?

Views
1 out of 26