Recycled Content

• I'll make this nice and short.

In my honest opinion Season 2 is just 90% recycled content and a new pass.
    The fort is completely unoriginal and feels extremely out of place.
    Ive been breezing through the pass insanely quick. Lvl 45 from 5 hours of normal gameplay.

Views
  • Haven't done anything but the new fort. Done 4 or 5 forts and I'm lvl 70 in the season pass. Not even 10hrs of gameplay, bit silly.

• @jackgerhardt Season 2 was a huge disaster, Season 1 had the excuse that it was made with barely any time as it was when monthly updates were still a thing but Season 2 is just awful and cant be justified.

And before anyone jumps and say watch the podcats, no. I have and I know that they've said that Season 1 and 2 were made almost at the same time so they didnt have much room for improvment but that is some 10/10 bs.

If they think that this excuse holds water they are dead wrong, it means that so far we have 6 months of the bare minimum.
    Season 3 and 4 will be much more meaningful but it dosent justify this joke, love this game but damn some of the decisions are bad.

• @faceyourdemon I mean...the updates are free so you can't really complain that much.
    Its true they are recycling content, but frankly it's still enjoyable.

I agree though, hopefully the next season will have a bit more bite to it.

• Imo the new stuff burns out quick. In a session based game like this what really matters is activity. The new fort hits activity and does it pretty well. Lots of loot and lots of athena loot so the event will be active more than everything else including the player activated FOTD

What content stays fresh for people that play a lot? Everything gets boring when it's done a lot that's where consistent server activity comes in to play. The game might be the same but the interactions are always fresh both positive and negative.

It's not perfect out there but there is still a lot for people to do especially if they are new and there still aren't really any games that can compare or compete with this experience right now imo.

Ghost ships, ashen winds, flameheart that was all cool stuff and well put together but it got real boring real fast. Us crashing and clashing into each other more often voluntarily makes the game fun on a regular basis and this new fort does that better than any of the original content

• @nyr1n Yes. updates are free as Sea of Thieves live service game, so updates are part of it to keep it alive.
    And every multiplayer adds content.

I do enjoy the game and this is mainly why im being critique.

• Just reached level 100 30 mins ago... the hull is a reskinned ashen hull ! The laziness level is beyond any limit here....

• @xray-i-iluziaa do you have the Ashen Dragon hull? Because the only similarities are that they both glow. That’s it. The Ashen Dragon hull glows brighter and there are more glowy spots.

And technically if you really wanted to play the reskin game, every hull had the same model so they’re all reskins.

• @ninja-naranja a dit dans Recycled Content :

@xray-i-iluziaa do you have the Ashen Dragon hull? Because the only similarities are that they both glow. That’s it. The Ashen Dragon hull glows brighter and there are more glowy spots.

I do have both hulls, after comparing them you see the same patterns and wood style.. but greenish.

And technically if you really wanted to play the reskin game, every hull had the same model so they’re all reskins.

What an outstanding argument ! So the Dark Adventurers sails are a Kraken sails reskin because both are sails ?
    You look like a low level troll, but thank you for trying

• @xray-i-iluziaa well the design on the front of the hull is different. Also every sail in the game doesn’t have the same model. I feel you didn’t even read that part of my comment. But thanks for trying to write me off!

• I dont understand why the construction at the outposts isnt finished - i figured that was foreshadowing and buildup for season 2, but instead it seems to have been forgotten about.

Why build hype and put in that effort when it just stops?

• Yeah Rare has been going down hill. Coronavirus or not we would of got the same thing.
    6 months and we get 2 sail this junk here to here quests.

• @nyr1n said in Recycled Content:

@faceyourdemon I mean...the updates are free so you can't really complain that much.
    Its true they are recycling content, but frankly it's still enjoyable.

I agree though, hopefully the next season will have a bit more bite to it.

Are we still using this "free updates" excuse? Uh yes, they kinda have to be free. Could you imagine how hard it would be to make servers for people who bought none of the updates, one for people who bought content update A, B, and C, and another one for people who only bought A and C along with more servers for every possible combination? Not to mention the backlash they would get for it. This game launched with nothing while still sporting a full price tag, 3 years of free updates is just finishing the game.

• @hurricanegriz I would argue that they 'finished' the game a long time ago. I wasn't around at launch, but I've heard enough about it to know that the game was pretty bare bones in the beginning, but frankly I would say this game already offers way more (or at least equal) content than a lot of the other games I play.

And yes, trying to juggle versions for paid expansion packs is never a great move, but its still done across other MMOs. I'm just really happy they don't do it here. So no, they don't 'have' to be free...be glad that they are.

• @faceyourdemon said in Recycled Content:

@jackgerhardt Season 2 was a huge disaster, Season 1 had the excuse that it was made with barely any time as it was when monthly updates were still a thing but Season 2 is just awful and cant be justified.

And before anyone jumps and say watch the podcats, no. I have and I know that they've said that Season 1 and 2 were made almost at the same time so they didnt have much room for improvment but that is some 10/10 bs.

If they think that this excuse holds water they are dead wrong, it means that so far we have 6 months of the bare minimum.
    Season 3 and 4 will be much more meaningful but it dosent justify this joke, love this game but damn some of the decisions are bad.

you are welcome to stop playing at any time, but please stop complaining. no one wants to hear it, the rest of us are enjoying SoT.

• @shifty189 Yet at the same time many people agree with me and unlike you i actually provide info, "DoNt LiKe It DoNt PlAy It" argument gets old real quick.

Not sure what kind of dumb enlightenment is that.

I provide constructive feedback about the game, blind fanboys replies.
    Iamleverysmart now.

How about actually try to prove me wrong or be a decent human being and contribute to the convo.

• @faceyourdemon said in Recycled Content:

@shifty189 Yet at the same time many people agree with me and unlike you i actually provide info, "DoNt LiKe It DoNt PlAy It" argument gets old real quick.

Not sure what kind of dumb enlightenment is that.

I provide constructive feedback about the game, blind fanboys replies.
    Iamleverysmart now.

How about actually try to prove me wrong or be a decent human being and contribute to the convo.

i have re-read your original message and i don't see anything constructive about it. Please refrain from your personal attacks ("prove me wrong or be a decent human being" and "not sure what kind of dumb enlightenment is that" and also "I provide constructive feedback about the game, blind fanboys replies" ) as that is against the forum rules.

but if you really want to me contribute more i'll say the obvious. This is an amazing game. this game also provides free updates on a regular basis. Many people love this game for what it is. a good example of constructive feedback is the original poster @jackgerhardt He pointed out what it is that he thought could be improved and kept it respectful of the good work RARE is doing.

I'm sorry if you think i'm not being decent or that i'm being a fanboy by pointing out that complaining about something you get for free is obnoxious, and calling it a disaster is offensive to all the hard work they have done to provide you with more free content. I will stand by my original statement. You are in fact welcome to stop playing anything you consider disastrous. the fact that other people feel the same as you does not make your opinion any more valid.

as far as prove you wrong, there is no way to prove someone's opinion wrong. That's why its an opinion. So how about you be decient and actually provide something constructive to work with other than "I want better free stuff" or "if you don't agree your a blind fanboy". One day you will learn to appreciate people and things for what they are and not what you wish they could be.

so if I'm not a decent human being because I'm telling you that your comments are extremely rude so be it.

• @shifty189 You bet i was disrespectful, when all you can say is Dont like it dont play you can count a conversation to derail real quick.

This is an amazing game, i dont disagree and free updates as i told to someone else are part of being a live service game, i dont need to praise them for keeping their product afloat and profitable.
    I will add that Sea of Thieves one of the best live service game that actually try to give efforts to this concept unlike most other live service games.

Again i wont bow for free updates its part of the game, calling it a disaster might offend someone but it does not means it wrong to say.

I have provided many many times but its not a feedback post, title says "Recycled Content" and we are talking about just that. You try steer the subject (poorly i might say) by throwing something that holds no ground, if you feel like im wrong with my opinion by all means go for it, ill be glad to hear from you but when you decide to write down something so poorly and rude you bet that my replies wont be nice.

Views
2 out of 18