Purchasable Crates Fix

• Instead of the current system for buying materials I would suggest that we're only able to buy 1 storage crate per session per crew for 10k that has a random assortment of materials instead of fixed large amounts.

Views
    communityfeedbackgeneral
  • Ick - no thanks at all on this. RNG running on something you are investing in is awful. This would be a terrible direction to go in my humble opinion.

Personally I don't think this option is that big of a deal and that the system in place now works well. The prices are reasonable, it doesn't provide as big of an advantage as some want to make it out to be, it provides more money sinks in the world which are welcome, and it has limits placed on it to make it more difficult to cheese. They are still session based and you don't carry them over from one session to the next, which means if you don't use them you may have a wasted investment on your hands when you could have freely stocked up the old fashioned way. They are restricted to the lowest tier supplies on offer as it pertains to categories with more than one item (Munitions and Food, let's get some new Repair items so we can ensure that category also only gives low tier stuff that is not as efficient as earned stuff in the world).

Does it change balance technically, yes, but not so much so that it outweighs the underlying changes to the world that we can see continue to grow as a result. A sense of in world economy is interesting and can be expanded in different ways that could wildly benefit the game long term. Can improvements be made still, sure, but I don't think we need to throw the baby out with the bathwater to accomplish that.

• @redeyesith said in Purchasable Crates Fix:

Ick - no thanks at all on this. RNG running on something you are investing in is awful. This would be a terrible direction to go in my humble opinion.

Well you're not forced to invest, the point is, if you want a chance to get well stocked you pay. If not you can just collect normally.

Views
communityfeedbackgeneral
1 out of 4