Criminal Activity - Bandanas and Masks

• If anyone has watched the show Black Sails, I believe the first episode shows a scene where a crew prepares before battle by putting facepaint on and one character wearing sharp and pointed false teeth. This kind of intimidation was common place in piracy I'm sure and might be possible for the Sea of Thieves.

Adding a new cosmetic type that covers the players face could give the players a little more customisation on their pirates as well as the chance to strike fear into their enemies. I can imagine a new player being absolutely terrified of a half naked pirate wearing a skeleton skull on their face.

The possibilities for this kind of feature are only limited by the dev's, and our imagination;

-An ancient tribal mask (think aku aku from Crash Bandicoot)

• The reapers mask as a standalone

• Skeleton masks

• Maybe even some novelty ones like the iconic Comedy and Tragedy mask associated with the performing arts.

• Simple face coverings like bandana, a balaclava could be cool but wouldn't work with the time period, though I may be mistaken.

Views
    just for funfeedbackgeneral
  • I want a 17th century plague doctor mask while I mule millions worth of product for the merchant

• @wolfmanbush I was going to mention the plague doctor mask but the usual negative nancies would surely jump on that to tell me how bad the idea is cause its not "relevant to time or setting" 😅 as if half the Emporium stuff doesn't already look dreadfully out of place.

• Would be nice but also very unlikely, just FYI. The devs explained back when they first made Costumes that they did it, in part, because it gets them around some issues with being able to do cosmetics like masks, hoods, etc. There is some issues in the model rigging as I recall that makes having standalone versions of those kind of items difficult to impossible to do any other way.

As I said, being someone who doesn't really like the Costumes I very much wish they could figure out a solve for this. I suspect this is also why we don't get to see our selected Weapons holstered on our characters as well (something else I would personally love to see that is very likely never to happen).

That all said, who knows, maybe we get real lucky and eventually they come up with some other kind of solution to the issue. I just wouldn't hold my breath for it because having a solve in place for it currently means they are much less likely to devote resources to trying to come up with another solution when they already have so much on their plate to fix or add that highly outweighs this.

In the end, not a bad suggestion, but I also don't want you to build up too much hope for it.

• @redeyesith oh don't worry, I never build up hope from my ideas hahah

I do see your points though, maybe if they want to ask a wearable mask, perhaps as part of a tall tale, they could add a costume that only covers the head removing any hat items.
    or just add masks to the hat section

• @sailorkek possible, that's why I tried not to dash all hope for the idea. They might yet surprise us and find some kind of workaround. And I sincerely hope they do because more customization is never a bad thing in a game focused on that for the sense of progression.

Views
just for funfeedbackgeneral
5 out of 6