Sword Only Arena

• The atmosphere around the arena has become increasingly more toxic ever since they removed multiple chests and maps in arena. Now instead of getting to dig up treasure and racing to the sell points, I'm now attacked by 4 differnt ships. Because of this new toxic state, people have resorted to kill camping ships with two guns to release their frustration. This is where the update would come in; removing guns from arena and making it sword only. This would deter double gunners to play another game while allowing casual players to have fun in arena once again and allow us to dig up our sea dog chests allowing us to get level 50! With sword only arena it would be a much more balanced and fun atmosphere, also allowing players to practice for adventure mode. What are your guys thoughts?

Views
    feedbackgeneralxbox onequestioncommunity
  • Sounds boring to me, and I like the sword.

• They need to rework the sword fully with new mechanics and tactics for it to work, currently there's a sword-lounge & M1 spamming

• I feel like this would come with a litany of problems. Removing 3 of the 4 weapon options in game mode specifically made for pvp combat would be very counterintuitive. Additionally, removing guns won’t deter people from spawn camping, if anything it would make it more difficult for the pirate to combat the spawn-campers.

I see where you’re coming from, it can be frustrating to deal with pirates spawn camping when you aren’t experienced with pvp. But you must keep in mind that the purpose of the Arena mode is to fight other pirates. Chests in arena act as an incentive so players DON’T spend the whole match camping, lest a crew steals it while others are distracted and wins the game. By putting more focus on chests, it becomes less of a battle mode and more of a “who can grab the most chests before the timer ends” mode.

Don’t get me wrong, getting spawn-camped sucks. But with enough pvp practice, even someone with a few hours in the game can learn how to counter spawn camping.

• @communban absolutely not LOL, you sound like you're just complaining about not being that good

• Arena needs a whole new makeover really, invite your crew to join you in the Sea Dogs Tavern and then give the crews a table to vote for what they want;

• Ship racing
    • Duels - 1v1, 2v2 etc
    • Skeleton survival - call of duty zombies
    • Last crew standing

There could be so many cool things The Arena could host but it's just been abandoned, sad really, maybe one day DeMarco will pull his finger out.

• Thats gonna be a NEGATIVE from me.

Here is a thought, practice using guns instead of the sword and you won't die as often (well, you will in the beginning but it will get better).

Really what we need is a weapons rebalance....

• @communban I'm an avid sword user and my god does this sound awful. Though I agree with other users weapons rebalance and a sword rework would be awesome! I would love to see more melee weapon options in the game, and better ways to play around double gunners with a sword. One option I would love is flinching aggressively when you get hit while holding a gun.

Views
feedbackgeneralxbox onequestioncommunity
7 out of 8