A new tool idea

• So, everyone knows what the harpoon on the side of the boat do, they can pull you boat to shore, pull it away from shore, or even pick up treasure and barrels. I have an idea called the hand grappling hook. It works like the harpoon but it is held in your hand and CANNOT be used to pick up treasure. However what it would do is when aimed at a an object within 50paces of you( rough range measurement ) it will take your player to it. It would be very useful in certain boss fights where you need to get away fast from either a ground pound, or a keg boom. I feel that this tool would all one beneficial in treasure hunting where you need to climb up a hill to get to the x marks the spot. Also it would be really cool in boat battles when your bot in galleons and the captian says "GET READY TO BOARD THEM OFF STARBOARD SIDE" and the crew pulls out their grappling hooks and once the boat gets close enough, that they all grapple over it would be a lot like in the movies where they swing on ropes to get across but they instead grapple across. I really hope this idea becomes a real thing is sea of thieves.

Views
    xbox onecommunityfeedbackgeneral
  • So basically boarding axe device to help with getting into enemy ships. But no drawback

Balance is key here. If they added a new item to help board ships there also needs to be a side effect for if you miss or when in use.

• Maybe it would be like the sword dash, where you need to breath after doing it, or it takes a few seconds to reload the device to shoot again before you can put it away

Views
xbox onecommunityfeedbackgeneral
2 out of 3