Brainstorming Ideas

• Here are some various ideas I have had, they may or may not be a good idea, just brainstorming.

Pirate Island-

An Island that is a large town or settlement, kind of a public server hangout where a lot of people could be at once, 100? 200? Maybe there are NPC’s hanging out too. You lose all loot and emmisary status when you go there to keep people from running to there, but you keep supplies. It is a safe zone for the most part. You can challenge people to a duel and fight them in an arena. Duels can be watched by other pirates and bets can be placed.

Gambling hall- A place where you can go on pirate island and play card games, checkers and various other table games with anyone who is on the server.

Other ideas- archery range with contests, bowling alley, unique stores and shops.

Pub- a shady pub by the docks, maybe there are mysterious NPC’s with bounties or unique missions.

Views
    just for fun
  • @cornelius-ix said in Brainstorming Ideas:

Here are some various ideas I have had, they may or may not be a good idea, just brainstorming.

Pirate Island-

An Island that is a large town or settlement, kind of a public server hangout where a lot of people could be at once, 100? 200? Maybe there are NPC’s hanging out too. You lose all loot and emmisary status when you go there to keep people from running to there, but you keep supplies. It is a safe zone for the most part. You can challenge people to a duel and fight them in an arena. Duels can be watched by other pirates and bets can be placed.

We've seen similar proposal as well in the past. Back then we discussed to have also different challenges on this island, like shooting flying objects with cannons/guns, duels, parkour routes, etc. etc.

Pretty nice concept in my honest opinion. But 100-200 people is an over-overkill, the servers barely pull it through with 5 ships per servers already.

Gambling hall- A place where you can go on pirate island and play card games, checkers and various other table games with anyone who is on the server.

Gambling is not a welcomed idea around here. People get that we're all pirates in here, but this is after all a PEGI 12 game.

Other ideas- archery range with contests, bowling alley, unique stores and shops.

Yep, I actually just mentioned this above.

Pub- a shady pub by the docks, maybe there are mysterious NPC’s with bounties or unique missions.

Ummm, we already have shady taverns with certain shady mysteryous strangers inside? I mean, it's not by the docks per say, but still...

• This game has a loud portion of the base that likes to intentionally offend and love to tattle tale over anything they don't like or agree with

It's a pirate game based on risk/reward and loot circulation I don't see any benefit to adding more interactions when it's been shown that all people will do is hurt each other's feelings and report each other. This brings gameplay consequences to the rest of us that aren't involved in the drama

• @cornelius-ix this isnt a VR meet and greet style game.

Views
just for fun
3 out of 4